DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S getting a max of 13 minutes of flight time. Wondering if defective or if that is expected because of altitude in CO

Hows everyone else's flight time...?

I think the Air 2S was advertised around 30mins. I'm at 13 with half and half hovering and movement.
Altitude would possibly have a small effect on flight time
Speeding up and slowing down will affect the flight time.
Hovering uses more power than slow flight.
To achieve the maximum flight time you need to be in still air and maintain a slow (but not specified by DJI) speed.
You'll not see 30 minutes flight time in normal flying.

Reactions: zeusfl
25-30 mins every time I fly with a full battery. Maybe the battery wasn't actually full when you flew? Did you fully charge before each flight?

Reactions: dawgpilot
Elevation is exactly what’s happening here…the higher you go beyond 5000ft drones tend to need a more aggressive pitch in the props. Air is so thin the motors work at a higher rpm

Elevation is exactly what’s happening here…the higher you go beyond 5000ft drones tend to need a more aggressive pitch in the props. Air is so thin the motors work at a higher rpm
If you were curious you can look into the fpv long range side of our hobby…those guys experiment all the time with elevation prop size prop pitch…motor size etc. plenty of videos on you tube

Checking Airdata, my longest flight Air2 was 25 minutes and I landed with 14% battery. I usually pre-plan flights for about 15 minutes max.
Your max flight time of 13 minutes seems odd. Do you only have one battery?

The actual flight time is always less than expected. Anyone getting a full 30 minutes is draining the battery past recommended levels. Typical flight time with a 15% reserve is about 20 minutes. If you use ANY sport mode flying, expect a lot less time in the air. My longest Air2 flight was 22m 58s, as a reference, landed with 8%. That's a 34 min drone according to DJI.

As another reference, I tested the three batteries that came with my Air2 kit. Hovering, each provided just under 30 minutes. DJI specs 31 minutes.

One item that might be worth checking - DJI maintenance recommends fully discharging and recharging the batteries at least once every 3 months. That might help with your battery longevity. The DJI Go app can be used to perform the full battery discharge (better than just running the drone until the battery discharges completely)

One item that might be worth checking - DJI maintenance recommends fully discharging and recharging the batteries at least once every 3 months. That might help with your battery longevity. The DJI Go app can be used to perform the full battery discharge (better than just running the drone until the battery discharges completely)
Nobody is using the DJI Go app with an Air 2S.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+