DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s in flight. Phone rebooted.

Reactions
I was flying over a golf course today and while bringing drone back my phone updated and I received a message that phone was rebooting in 10 seconds. I put controller in speed mode and quickly brought drone to the ground. By the time it landed phone was off and rebooting. I was very nervous until it landed.
Anyone know what would happen if it was still in the air when phone reboots?

I was flying over a golf course today and while bringing drone back my phone updated and I received a message that phone was rebooting in 10 seconds. I put controller in speed mode and quickly brought drone to the ground. By the time it landed phone was off and rebooting. I was very nervous until it landed.
Nothing would happen. You'd just need to fly it based on sight. If it was far away that would be quite difficult, but you could always activate RTH and fly manually when it comes within visual range.

The drone would continue to fly per the usual since it's controlled by the remote controller (and not the phone).

Reactions: BSauce955
It might be wise to switch the phone to airplane mode, it should stop external distractions interfering with the phone.
I always put my phone on airplane mode. I'd rather the processing power go to the app and not having my phone check for emails, fb crap ect in the background. It also eliminates the video lag problem.
So in my opinion, this is the best piece of advise and what I would have said if Mr PhiliusFoggg hadn't beat me to it.
But like everyone else said, the controller controls the drone, not your phone. I demonstrated this to a family member when they asked a similar question. I put the drone up without my phone connected and flew around their yard with no issues.

Nothing would happen. You'd just need to fly it based on sight. If it was far away that would be quite difficult, but you could always activate RTH and fly manually when it comes within visual range.
That is just another reason that I use my iPad 9 1/2 inch display with no phone capabilities, nor other distractions such as text, Facebook, etc.

Reactions: BSauce955
That is just another reason that I use my iPad 9 1/2 inch display with no phone capabilities, nor other distractions such as text, Facebook, etc.
That’s a good point but the again you could always turn off notifications. I think the new ‘focus’ modes in iOS can be configured to prevent what the OP was pointing out.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS