DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S loud fan issue

Amazonite

Reactions
Hi everyone. I just got my Air 2S in the mail and upon opening it up and charging everything, I noticed the drone’s internal fan makes a loud “trimming” sound like it is hitting something. Is this something that I could easily fix myself? Or should I return it to DJI for a replacement?
For reference, here’s a YouTube video I took of the noise and uploaded: Here

We always send a drone back is there is Noise, a less than perfect horizon, or if the SD card is impossible to get in .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2S in the Pouring Rain and Land on the Water.

Reactions: Thomas B
Probably the mainboard fan. Just guessing. I would send it in, to prevent losing the warrenty.

Hi all, thanks for your replies and suggestions. I’m definitely going to go forward with returning it for a replacement. Hopefully the turn around time isn’t too long! :)

Reactions: Thomas B
That sounds poorly ....... :eek:

ive just swapped out my air 2s for a similar fan sound but not as loud as yours.the replacement is quiet.

I sent mine back with a permanent gimbal calibration error even though it never flew . Seems DJI quality control people are working from home on the Air 2S

I sent mine back with a permanent gimbal calibration error even though it never flew . Seems DJI quality control people are working from home on the Air 2S
yes not good ,not flown my new one yet just charged all the batteries.fingers crossed ......

ive just swapped out my air 2s for a similar fan sound but not as loud as yours.the replacement is quiet.
Huh, interesting. Did you return it and get it replaced through DJI themselves? If so how long did that take? Just shipped mine back with the return label and hoping it doesn’t take too long.

Yeah been seeing a decent amount of issues with it, really hoping my replacement doesn’t have any, knock on wood. Did you ship it back to DJI themselves for a replacement?

Huh, interesting. Did you return it and get it replaced through DJI themselves? If so how long did that take? Just shipped mine back with the return label and hoping it doesn’t take too long.
Hi no i got it from a local retailer.so i just waited 2 days for new one to arrive, today is the first day i had chance to collect it ,
all charged and firmware updated.now need some nice weather to test it....and keep fingers crossed this is a good one.

Yeah been seeing a decent amount of issues with it, really hoping my replacement doesn’t have any, knock on wood. Did you ship it back to DJI themselves for a replacement?
Yes , went round and round with online support for a while - try this ,try that , before they finally conceded and sent me a RMA shipping label. Will take about two weeks to get the replacement back.

Yes , went round and round with online support for a while - try this ,try that , before they finally conceded and sent me a RMA shipping label. Will take about two weeks to get the replacement back.
At least its getting sorted,bit long winded but worth the wait i hope.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11