DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S pro mode

Sady

Reactions
Site
youtube.com
I am getting photos that are very white in manuel mode. I tried adjusting everything I could. Any ideas what I’m doing wrong? Thanks

Several things can cause this. Most likely is too high ISO, then too long exposure, then white balance. Try 100 ISO with 1/250 exposure and work from there until you get what you like.

Just downloaded and looked at details. Exposure was way too long(1/4). Speed that up to 1/250 and go up from there.

Reactions: dmathis
Exposure wrong. Use the zebra display to avoid clipping in the highlights.

Correct exposure requires 3 independent settings - ISO, aperture, and shutter. They al, interact to give you correct exposure. Start by finding the lowest ISO you can for the light conditions. Then tweak shutter and aperture to dial in best exposure.

This is no different than any other picture taking situation, and follows the same rules. The low ISO setting is more important for DJI drones, as their sensors have lousy very noisy sensors at higher ISOs.

Reactions: MS Coast
Check out any camera exposure tutorials in YouTube. The same techniques apply to drone photography. Your images are way over exposed so you need to learn how to change that manually and use all of the tools, like overexposure warnings DJI provides.
Until then, it's probably best to just let DJI manage exposure with auto setting.

Exposure wrong. Use the zebra display to avoid clipping in the highlights.

Correct exposure requires 3 independent settings - ISO, aperture, and shutter. They al, interact to give you correct exposure. Start by finding the lowest ISO you can for the light conditions. Then tweak shutter and aperture to dial in best exposure.

This is no different than any other picture taking situation, and follows the same rules. The low ISO setting is more important for DJI drones, as their sensors have lousy very noisy sensors at higher ISOs.

Exactly.

But, it's even simpler on the Air 2S since, aperture isn't adjustable.

Reactions: Sady
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure