DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S vs. M2P camera quality

True BT doesn't support as much bandwidth.

Wifi could, but I don't know how solid the connection would be. Would such to lose a connection during a flight.
I like wires for everything possible. Last thing I want is another wi-fi network right on top of the RC connection to the drone.

Reactions: Thomas B
Real professionals don’t argue about theoretical specs, even with a Phantom 3 they will produce better videos than most of the people arguing... combined even if arguers had a 2028 Mavic 4 Pro

Real professionals don’t argue about theoretical specs, even with a Phantom 3 they will produce better videos than most of the people arguing... combined even if arguers had a 2028 Mavic 4 Pro
Absolutely. Well said. That’s the sense I am getting reading/watching reviews by professional photographers and filmmakers. They compare picture with picture and dissect that, instead of getting uppity about specs and “muh variable aperturezzz” haha

Reactions: test2000Anafi
Absolutely. Well said. That’s the sense I am getting reading/watching reviews by professional photographers and filmmakers. They compare picture with picture and dissect that, instead of getting uppity about specs and “muh variable aperturezzz” haha
My sister takes better pictures with her 2017 iPhone X compared to her husband with his Sony A7mkIII with Zeiss optics :p

Last edited:
There is no question the 1" sensor and Hasselblad lens puts out incredible videos and when you watch on a large screen is when you will really see the difference. I constantly get people saying how amazing my videos look. Also when you do a snapshot in a video clip the bigger sensor gives you stills you can actually use.
to me the hasselblad always looks a bit soft and not sharp enough ,now the new 1 inch seems to have cured that.
i know a lot of people complained of the same thing ,just the nature of that particular beast i guess.

to me the hasselblad always looks a bit soft and not sharp enough ,now the new 1 inch seems to have cured that.
i know a lot of people complained of the same thing ,just the nature of that particular beast i guess.
I've never had an issue with my M2P being soft. Its ideal aperture is f/5.6, so that would be the best way to shoot. Even f/8 is a slight bit softer.

Reactions: ninja_geezer
The auto capture modes seem interesting. Quick way to capture some sequences.

Also a wider angle than the M2P could be interesting.

I've never had an issue with my M2P being soft. Its ideal aperture is f/5.6, so that would be the best way to shoot. Even f/8 is a slight bit softer.
Its just a common complaint i have seen spoken about a lot ,i agree with a lot of the footage i have seen , i must admit i dont have a M2P .

It's true that a good photographer can create good photos with a mediocre camera.
But you won't find many professional photographers choosing to shoot with a camera with a fixed aperture.

It's true that a good photographer can create good photos with a mediocre camera.
But you won't find many professional photographers choosing to shoot with a camera with a fixed aperture.
But that’s because ground based cameras have big enough sensors, long enough lens, and close enough focus distances to create shallow depth of field. None of which is available on a drone. You’ll never see a professional cinematographer use aperture to control shutter speed. They use ND filters.

Sure but they are very aware of the technical aspects and even when they say it doesn’t matter I think it’s funny because they still end up using the best of the best equipment even when they say it doesn’t matter.

I remember that MasterClass commercial with Annie Leibovitz where she says she isn’t a technical photographer and kinda makes fun of people that are but then in the next scene of the ad you see her using a $50,000 Hasselblad H6D-400c and then someone else is helping her edit her photos in the next.

I always thought to myself, “sure YOU might not be that technical or worry about it but your ASSISTANTS sure as heck are.”

Last edited:
You’ll never see a professional cinematographer use aperture to control shutter speed. They use ND filters.
You are refering to video where using ND filters to control shutter speed is common, but for photos it is usually not necessary except in specific circumstances that’s why having an adjustable aperture is beneficial.

Chris

You are refering to video where using ND filters to control shutter speed is common, but for photos it is usually not necessary except in specific circumstances that’s why having an adjustable aperture is beneficial.

Chris
Aperture is primarily used to control depth of field not shutter speed. Typically you want as short of shutter as possible with photography. For photographers that use long exposure creatively they use ND filters. Typically f/2.8 is the fastest aperture you will see with zoom lenses that means there’s only 4 stops you can achieve before defraction sets in by using aperture to control shutter. This is rarely enough for long exposures and will change your depth of field.

Just be clear I’m not saying aperture can’t be used that way I’m just saying that’s not the primary purpose and there are other better ways to slow down shutter speed without giving up control of depth of field.

Last edited:
with my aircraft all i normally shoot is video so the fixed aperture is no big deal for me as long ive got nd filters .

Aperture is primarily used to control depth of field not shutter speed.
For a lot of photography, depth of field isn't an important consideration.
I'd think that aperture is used more for controlling exposure than DoF.

Reactions: Chrislaf
With aerial photography you’re rarely close enough to an object for depth of field control to be of any use, even less so with wide angle lenses.

With a 90-degree downward facing shot the depth of field becomes almost irrelevant - good luck trying to get any differential focus effect.

At least with a variable aperture we are able to select the optimum aperture to get the best edge-to-edge sharpness the lens can produce.

Reactions: Chrislaf
With aerial photography you’re rarely close enough to an object for depth of field control to be of any use, even less so with wide angle lenses.

With a 90-degree downward facing shot the depth of field becomes almost irrelevant - good luck trying to get any differential focus effect.

At least with a variable aperture we are able to select the optimum aperture to get the best edge-to-edge sharpness the lens can produce.
This is exactly my point. That’s is about the extent of the benefit of an adjustable aperture on a drone.

Sure but they are very aware of the technical aspects and even when they say it doesn’t matter I think it’s funny because they still end up using the best of the best equipment even when they say it doesn’t matter.

I remember that MasterClass commercial with Annie Leibovitz where she says she isn’t a technical photographer and kinda makes fun of people that are but then in the next scene of the ad you see her using a $50,000 Hasselblad H6D-400c and then someone else is helping her edit her photos in the next.

I always thought to myself, “sure YOU might not be that technical or worry about it but your ASSISTANTS sure as heck are.”

If I were to give you a $500,000 Hasselblad camera, would you take better pictures than her?

• Haha

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots