DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s with Goggles

TodayDee72

Reactions
I am thinking of adding the goggles feature to allow me to follow in tighter terrain for extreme sports. I have talked to a couple pros in FPV and they like to use a spotter when filming.

That being said - what exactly has to to be purchased to add goggles to the air 2s? I have the standard remote.

It should be possible, and lots of threads on the forum about this.

It will require some sort of cable connection, and the older original white or RE goggles, or some aftermarket goggles that work similarly.

See if there is anything interesting in these search result threads . . .

In particular this fellow @RGS2010 go some white goggles and had success in some form.

Reactions: Pondhopper
It should be possible, and lots of threads on the forum about this.

It will require some sort of cable connection, and the older original white or RE goggles, or some aftermarket goggles that work similarly.

See if there is anything interesting in these search result threads . . .

In particular this fellow @RGS2010 go some white goggles and had success in some form.

Thanks for this info. Not OP but I was considering this too.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
I saw someone on one of the facebook groups recommending these. A bit pricy but look interesting.

Thanks for this info. Not OP but I was considering this too.

Just for general info, the only drones the white or RE goggles work with as intended (AFAIK) are the M1P / MPP and the M2, both using occusync 1.0 (and 2.0 I think) . . . you can fly with your device connected, in my case the M1P with iPad mini4, and the goggles work right there alongside that so both are utilised.
I like flying as normal and letting someone wear the goggles with the pilot seat view.

With my Spark, I have a hdmi cable to USB, then USB to the controller micro USB, so my RE goggles connect up direct to the controller, no other device.
It's ok to take off when starting up and hover 10' off the ground, flip the goggles down, and off you go, reverse for landing.
I still do this, even though once used to the view etc you could take off and land with goggles down, I just like doing it the other way, it just seem safer and is easy to do, especially landing easily in a nice spot.

The mirroring device / bluetooth seen in some of the other threads seems to be a way to make it like the occusync connection, but there will be latency, just how much is going to vary I guess.
This device is really only needed if you want to pilot the drone using that, and someone else wear the goggles for the experience, or I guess someone else could watch the device screen too, but not as much of an experience for them.
As mentioned, a spotter is generally required by drone rules in most advanced airspace regulated countries.

Don't need any extras. A2s uses ocusync so works without cable even with older white model.

Don't need any extras. A2s uses ocusync so works without cable even with older white model.

Isn't the Air2s ocusync 3 ?
And the new M3, which doesn't work with those goggles.
The cable should still do the job, all be it in basic form.

I just checked, and the M2 is supposed to use O2, but so does the Air 2, so maybe that one will work with white or RE goggles.
The features of those goggles is a bit more limited with aircraft past the M2 era.

Following. I have the Air 2S with the RC Pro. I just reached out to Dronemask to see if there is a way to hook up my phone to the RC Pro to use their product. I will update you with their response.

I bought the Dronemask last November and was able to make a couple of flights then with an iPhone SE in the Dronemask. I loved it. But I live in Minnesota and it snowed yet again today and has been quite windy. I am very anxious to fly the Air 2S some more with the Dronemask. The only negative I have found is that if you need to use your finger to make changes in DJI Fly app you have to open the Dronemask to do that and have to pause your flight. I tried using a Trackpad 2, but was unsuccessful in getting that to work. Maybe an older Trackpad 1 would work.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22