DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 batteries recently charging only to 4.160 volts instead of 4.250 volts!

SmartBones

Reactions
Starting from few weeks ago, batteries of all Air 3 units are charging only to 4.160 volts instead of 4.250 volts as it must be. Doing so DJI reduced Air 3 drone flying time for about 8%. Check it yourself. Why do you think DJI did that?

How many cycles do you have on them? As these batteries " De-grade" your flight times will get shorter. I have no idea about the Air 3 BUT the Air 2s will give you around 250 more or less cycles with really noticeable flight time reduction starting around 180 or so (10%-15%)

Reactions: Felix le Chat
This surprises me. Aren't the Air 3 IFB's li-ion? I always thought they offered a higher cycle count compared to lipo's (correct me if wrong).

Admittedly, I'm not a heavy user, my birds only usually get put up when there's a job, or when there's something truly outstanding that grabs my fancy (like a timber shipwreck recently uncovered by shifting tidal sandbars) and I'll always cycle through batteries in sequence (5 each for my mav 2's) to increase their operational lifespan.

I have noticed that the balancing period on the original 2 batteries for each drone is of longer duration now compared to the newer 3, but as yet, I haven't noticed a reduction in air time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
murad