DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 cruise control

old man mavic

Premium Pilot
Reactions
hi fellow flyers ,tried out the cruise control, on my Air 3 today ,and for videoing large scenic areas ,it is a really useful addition ,it gives a wonderfully smooth appearance to the resulting videos ,when played back on my 42inch wide angle smart TV,that i use as my computer monitor, once set at the desired speed ,all the other stick inputs remain as normal ,and if you use the tele camera it is just as good

Does pitch stick cancel it, or is it ignored?

In cruise control mode stick commands are added in addition to the cruise settings. They do not cancel it.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
In cruise control mode stick commands are added in addition to the cruise settings. They do not cancel it.
Now that is cool. So it speeds up and slows down with pitch input, and returns to set cruise speed at center stick?

Love the cruse control feature. I have it programed on first tap of the function button

Reactions: 3rdof5
Sounds great, I'm dying to try this out. Want to fly parallel to a POI and see how well it tracks the POI.

Sounds great, I'm dying to try this out. Want to fly parallel to a POI and see how well it tracks the POI.

Course Lock. An awesome feature from GO4 and legacy DJI drones. Also Orbit.

Went away with DJI Fly, inexplicably. Lots of complaints over the years, never came back, so obviously deliberate omission.

I believe DJI thinks Focus Track is a substitute for these features, but visual tracking has its issues compared against GPS location and height as the focal point. Especially when you want to orbit a point where there's nothing visually distinct to track... Say you want to orbit the center of a cornfield.

Reactions: Xitor
Reactions: Torque
First I saw it show up was over 2 years ago on the FPV. That only allows locking in speed.

First camera drone was the A2S, IIRC.

First I saw it show up was over 2 years ago on the FPV. That only allows locking in speed.

First camera drone was the A2S, IIRC.
Looking it up, the first camera drone to get Cruise Control was actually the Air 2, but it was only available in Hyperlapse Mode.

Mavic 3 series was the first DJI drone to get full Cruise Control in all modes, followed now by the Air 3.

Reactions: Torque

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian