DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3? Finally?

I think they almost have to add a second zoom camera,with the main camera still a 1" sensor,and the second camera
a 3x 1/1.3 sensor or a 7x 1/2 sensor.No sense at all in having the Air 3 with just another single 1" sensor as I think they
have gotten all they can out of that size meaning the 1"camera sensor.And yes it will be Hasselblad.
I agree, and I hope the Air 3 will have the 1" wideangle, plus the 70mm short tele (not a zoom lens) with a 1/1.3 sensor, same as the Mavic 3 Pro. Not the long tele lens, a short tele is more useful and gives better quality.
Whether it is labeled Hasselblad or not does not matter, it is not a sign of quality as DJI owns Hasselblad and can use the name as they wish.

Reactions: miemo and DanJ
I agree, and I hope the Air 3 will have the 1" wideangle, plus the 70mm short tele (not a zoom lens) with a 1/1.3 sensor, same as the Mavic 3 Pro. Not the long tele lens, a short tele is more useful and gives better quality.
Whether it is labeled Hasselblad or not does not matter, it is not a sign of quality as DJI owns Hasselblad and can use the name as they wish.
Exactly what I am after also! Sub 500g as well! Some EU country are only allowing sub 500g.

Reactions: miemo
Like BETTER FLIGHT TIME. I hardly ever fly my Air 2s because of it's pathetic flight time. DJI's 30 minute flight time number might mean 16 real world minutes before you have to bring her back, QUICK. Flying the Mavic 3 and never worrying about air time=priceless.
Based on the leaked pics, the Air 3 has a completely redesigned shell with a battery style simliar to the Mavic 3. The battery clearly does not attach to the top as the Air 2S does.

Reactions: DanJ
It also appears to have OA sensors angled in a simliar way (again) as the Mavic 3 but it's missing the upward vision. A very large gimbal, that my guess will have a dual cam setup, possibly with a 3x tele and both can be used for vertical shooting that currently only the mini 3's can do.
So if it has 5 way OA, vertical shooting, longer battery life and FPV capabilities and if it comes in under 500 grams, it will definitely have its own place in the current lineup.

Based on the leaked pics, the Air 3 has a completely redesigned shell with a battery style simliar to the Mavic 3. The battery clearly does not attach to the top as the Air 2S does.
I would say the battery and the tabs are of similar design to the mini 3 series.

And the rotating arms strike me as a mini 3 design cue as well.

Its like the Mavic 3 and Mini 3 pro had a love child.

I would say the battery and the tabs are of similar design to the mini 3 series.

And the rotating arms strike me as a mini 3 design cue as well.

Its like the Mavic 3 and Mini 3 pro had a love child.
Well in the pic with the 4 batteries, 2 of them are clearly mini 3 batteries, likely the plus, the other 2 look simliar to the Mavic 3 batteries but they are gray and not black.
So yes I would agree, it looks like an offspring of the the mini 3 and the Mavic 3

Same here ,it would be better with the 70mm lens.

Hopefully the camera will have the 90 degree portrait rotation. Mini 3 Pro spoiled me with this option, and because of it I never fly my Mavic 2Pro or the Air 2S anymore. Probably won’t buy another drone without this option.

If all you get is 16 minutes of flight, you have problems. Regardless of flight type, I get between 20 and 28 minutes with my 2S. Six different batteries.
That's what I was thinking.
My Air 2S is a year and a half old with lots of flying and I still get close to 30 minutes from each battery (3).

I bet it’s going to still be a 1” sensor with maybe a 3x tele. It would be cool if the camera can rotate 90 degrees. It will probably have a little longer flight time also. It’s going to be an improvement but it can’t out do the mavic 3 classic.

Reactions: loop
I bet it’s going to still be a 1” sensor with maybe a 3x tele. It would be cool if the camera can rotate 90 degrees. It will probably have a little longer flight time also. It’s going to be an improvement but it can’t out do the mavic 3 classic.
Then you haven't read in your manual how AIR2S makes a Vertical panorama

Then you haven't read in your manual how AIR2S makes a Vertical panorama
I've taken a few vertical panoramas and it still does not show 90 degrees up in the sky. It shows the ground below but not 90 degrees up.

Yes, I know it can do a panorama but it doesn’t look as great as if the camera could natively turn 90 degrees for a portrait format
I think turning the lens 90 degrees is for the "young" who use TIK TOK.

Do not hope that it will be repeated on new drones, for example the Mavic 3 does not have that option

• Wow
Reactions: DanJ

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas