DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3? Finally?

The Tweet mock up does not look like anything that could house both a 1" and 1-1/3" sensor. It's unlikely they would bother with dual camera on an Air Series when trying to fill that price gap between the Mini 3 Pro and the Mavic 3 Classic.

What I would hope to see some of :
- Higher frame rate possible even if they kept the resolution
- Longer flight time (both the Mini 3 and Mavic 3 have increased flight time over their predecessors).
- Sideways sensors for OA (though they may keep that to the Mavic series).
- Larger internal base storage (8GB is pretty useless to even bother including, at least make it 64~128GB).
- A higher degree of upward gimbal movement for change in perspective, maybe not cut corners to make it go up to 60 degrees, but 45 would be nice.

1" Sensor is a good middle ground to keep for that in between price bracket and they don't even need to increase the megapixels or video resolution so as long as they improve the lens quality and overall sensor quality.

The Tweet mock up does not look like anything that could house both a 1" and 1-1/3" sensor. It's unlikely they would bother with dual camera on an Air Series when trying to fill that price gap between the Mini 3 Pro and the Mavic 3 Classic.

What I would hope to see some of :
- Higher frame rate possible even if they kept the resolution
- Longer flight time (both the Mini 3 and Mavic 3 have increased flight time over their predecessors).
- Sideways sensors for OA (though they may keep that to the Mavic series).
- Larger internal base storage (8GB is pretty useless to even bother including, at least make it 64~128GB).
- A higher degree of upward gimbal movement for change in perspective, maybe not cut corners to make it go up to 60 degrees, but 45 would be nice.

1" Sensor is a good middle ground to keep for that in between price bracket and they don't even need to increase the megapixels or video resolution so as long as they improve the lens quality and overall sensor quality.
The poster who is usually spot on with his leaks even says that the mockup photo is not very good.
Whatever the Air 3 is hopefully is an improvement over the 2S.

The poster who is usually spot on with his leaks even says that the mockup photo is not very good.
Whatever the Air 3 is hopefully is an improvement over the 2S.
Hopefully that "30m" flight time is like actual 30 mins in real world

Sold my Air2s this week. Might be interested in replacing it with an Air3 if it has all-axis collision avoidance and a zoom camera. I can't tell from that photo if it has landing legs on it or not.

Hopefully it still has 4 antennas for good range. Transmission range is my only complaint with the Mini3Pro and this is one thing I'd want an Air3 for. The new quieter props would also be nice.

Last edited:
Reactions: DanJ
looking at the pics, the folding arms seem quite a bit longer than current A2S. So, must be very stable in the wind and challenging conditions. Like Mini 3 Pro's arms are long, so bigger footprint than Mini2 that were before. A3s seem like that. Looking fwd to seeing it soon!

Reactions: Hauptmann
Just want to know the camera specs lol, another drone will be purchased in next 4 months or so... hard to figure out what i want between m3 pro or this I do love my air 2 and air2s.

Reactions: Hauptmann
I am hoping that they are the same but it sure doesn't look like it.
I would agree on battery compatibility but then that would not be an improvement in flight time.
But it does make sense to continue the Air line as it is a great "mid size" aircraft and fits nicely between the mini's and the Mavic 3's and the Air2S was almost ordered by me before my Classic became available for that exact reason.
An Air 3 with 360 OA and the 4/3 sensor and decent flight time and Goggles FPV compatible would be a very tempting purchase, even with my current fleet.

Last edited:
Reactions: DanJ
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne