DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any chance for an RC Pro 2 as well?

blackbirdsr72

Reactions
With the Air 3 release, there are rumors for the RC N2 and DJI RC 2. Is it also time for the RC Pro to see its successor? An image taken from a reliable leaker on Twitter is below.FzH4GNsXoAAnaRf.jpg

Why won't they just allow me the option to choose the receiver I want in my drone.
So I can use whatever controller I want.

Why won't they just allow me the option to choose the receiver I want in my drone.
We'll get there one day but today, I don't think DJI is big enough or smart enough to support this with their customers. Plus, all the controllers as a whole are not setup for this. And I'm talking mostly from a quality or performance perspective, not just from feature set. Imaging how bad it would be if DJI allowed your to pilot your Mavic 3 with a CrystalSky.

Reactions: Cafguy
With the Air 3 release, there are rumors for the RC N2 and DJI RC 2. Is it also time for the RC Pro to see its successor? An image taken from a reliable leaker on Twitter is below.View attachment 165411
The RC-Pro is a very capable RC and in many ways, is only held back by DJI'S OS.
I'm not sure what an RC-Pro 2 could add that a proper update for pro couldn't also do.

We'll get there one day but today, I don't think DJI is big enough or smart enough to support this with their customers. Plus, all the controllers as a whole are not setup for this. And I'm talking mostly from a quality or performance perspective, not just from feature set. Imaging how bad it would be if DJI allowed your to pilot your Mavic 3 with a CrystalSky.
We can all hope! it would be nice if they would open up the occusync system to be more compatible with other third party products such as a RadioMasterTX16 Controller. . Don't get me wrong I love the DJI air system. I have one on a plane and one on a drone. BUT I don't like having to use their goggles and their controller when I have these. Ones that I am comfortable using.

The RC-Pro is a very capable RC and in many ways, is only held back by DJI'S OS.
I'm not sure what an RC-Pro 2 could add that a proper update for pro couldn't also do.
Increased battery endurance with a bit brighter than 1K nits would be nice. Also, the display position could be in the middle with the sticks on both sides rather than on the upper side, like their Enterprise Plus RCs. Just my thoughts though.

Reactions: 3rdof5
It's only a year and a half old, it's been 3 years between the SC and RC Pro. Probably in a couple of years with a Mavic 4...

Because the whole system, RC control, camera control, video downlink, app etc are tightly integrated - can't do that taking stuff from random sources and choosing this way instead of trying to accomodate existing things and their limitations is precisely what's made DJI's things be so far ahead.

Increased battery endurance with a bit brighter than 1K nits would be nice. Also, the display position could be in the middle with the sticks on both sides rather than on the upper side, like their Enterprise Plus RCs. Just my thoughts though.
what they could easily do is just add compatibility of the RC-PLUS with the M3 line. Even though the rc plus is hella big it might be useful for some people.

Reactions: blackbirdsr72

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas