DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3? Finally?

It'll probably be closer in specs to the M3 Classic than the Pro.
It really buffles me because these two models would be antagonistic and if A3 turns out to be very competent it'll kill M3C.
And unfortunately for Mavic 3 Classic owners including me, I think that's what is going to happen.

I remember that the Air 2S was superior at some point to the Mavic 2 Pro which was supposed to be the best DJI drone at that time.

The Mavic 3 Classic is not even the best Mavic drone so I'm pretty sure that now that the Mavic 3 Pro is out, they will release a Air 3 that will be able to compete with the Mavic 3 Classic.

They will probably still reserve manual controls for Mavic drones to justify their purchases but I believe that the camera quality on the Air 3 will be on par with the one on the Classic even if it's not a 4/3 sensor.

Not to mention that the Air 3 will also be smaller, lighter and cheaper so if it also has a second camera, what will be left for the Classic?

I don't even dare to think that they could also release a new controller to correct the shortcomings of the DJI RC cause it will be a major blow to all those who bought a Mavic 3 Classic recently.

Looking at the position of the obstacle sensors, it looks like it has 360 degree sensing like the Mavic 3.

With regard to Air 3 vs M3 Classic, I don't think Air 3 will have a 4/3 sensor like M3 and I expect it won't have variable aperture either. Those two features will ensure the M3C keeps its position in the lineup.

Looking at the position of the obstacle sensors, it looks like it has 360 degree sensing like the Mavic 3.

With regard to Air 3 vs M3 Classic, I don't think Air 3 will have a 4/3 sensor like M3 and I expect it won't have variable aperture either. Those two features will ensure the M3C keeps its position in the lineup.
I think that a boosted 1 inch sensor with a high quality glass could easily match the image quality delivered by the Mavic 3.

Oh, I'm sure it can. But for those who *need* variable aperture, the M3 line will still be the only option.
Of course, I may be wrong and DJI might give the Air 3 variable aperture. Unlikely though IMO.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne