DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 obstacle avoidance showing Red

Pacefast

Reactions
Have just got an Air 3 with R2 controller ! I have selected obstacle avoidance on in both modes but when I come to takeoff all sensors are showing red ?
I am fairly new to drones and first DJI I have bought Drone and Camera amazing but what am I doing wrong with no avoidance showing

Peter

@Pacefast there are 3 settings for OA namely Bypass Stop or Off
apart from sport which disables them
if you have them on one of the settings then once the drone lifts off the avoidance icon on the screen should turn white, it shows red once the motors stop after landing

Reactions: Paul Harvey
@Pacefast ,if your not sure of any icon reading ,after taking off ,just use the menu to confirm what your settings are actually set to ,it only takes a few seconds ,and prevents an unexpected outcome during the flight ,because the drone did not respond, in the way you thought it would

You get a lot of red on takeoffs and landings. That's normal since you are close to the ground and maybe other things.

I take off and land in sports mode to avoid the obstacle avoidance. If you are brand new to flying I wouldn't recommend landing with sports mode, the drone keeps moving when you let go of the stick, so you have to be prepared for those little movements. I never use RTH either, I like honing my skill with precision landings.

Reactions: Paul Harvey
I have my air three and every once in awhile while flying at altitudes from 2 to 4 hundred feet will show a red avoidance light on the display as well as the beep warning. Again I am in clear air nothing around. It doesn’t happen all the time, I have noticed it even in a stationary position. I noticed it yesterday while I was in hyperlapse, 10 seconds and it was pointed straight down at a traffic circle and I noticed it, again on all the instances it would be in the lower right quadrant. Love my air 3 but this is a bit of an annoyanc.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BluMav