DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 will be compatible with RC Pro controller?

Unless of course there is some kind of software update for the RC Pro controller that will allow for Occusyn 4.0.
Again, time will tell but I will be checking on the 25th to see if there is a sofware update for my RC Pro.
Likely the other way around - the Air 3 will be compatible with O3+.

Reactions: Wreckhunter
i can understand that is a hot summer :)
but do you know any dji device that works with 2 transmission systems?

Last edited:
i can understand that is a hot summer :)
but do you know any dji device that works with 2 transmission systems?
That’s another good point. I can’t think of any DJI drone which works with both O3 and O3+, for instance. However, there are a couple of DJI controllers, for example, the RC-N1 which will work with O2, O3, and O3+.

I think the only hope for the RC Pro to be compatible with the Air 3 is that the RC Pro supports O4 with a firmware update. I guess it will come down to if the RC Pro hardware is capable of O4.

Reactions: gogorokokoko
That’s another good point. I can’t think of any DJI drone which works with both O3 and O3+, for instance. However, there are a couple of DJI controllers, for example, the RC-N1 which will work with O2, O3, and O3+.

I think the only hope for the RC Pro to be compatible with the Air 3 is that the RC Pro supports O4 with a firmware update. I guess it will come down to if the RC Pro hardware is capable of O4.
my mistake, youre right about the rc n1
sorry everyone for misinformation

It uses an SDR, so it should be able to be programmed to implement the new protocol.

I don't have any inside information, I just think it's extremely unlikely there's anything new in O4 that firmware for the SDR can't handle.

Would be very disappointing if my 'Top of the Line' and very expensive RC Pro, is pretty much rendered 'obsolete' after just a couple of years, because it is no longer compatible with new drones being released.

Hello everyone,

What do you all make of this promotional material for the new Air 3? Does it look like the Air 3 will be compatible with the RC Pro controller?

SH
I was on DJI chat and that pre-sales rep kept me on hold for several minutes to confirm with her superiors and they told me that no, unfortunately the RC2 won't work with the Air3 due to O3 vs O4 thing. Who knows if that chat representative is the "final word"?

Would be very disappointing if my 'Top of the Line' and very expensive RC Pro, is pretty much rendered 'obsolete' after just a couple of years, because it is no longer compatible with new drones being released.
Agreed! I really like the HDMI out port and would miss that on the RC2.

no compatibility between them
O3≠O4
but this is not the drama
the drama is that all nowadays drones will be basically old because they arent on O4
so in my soul i hope im wrong :)
but in my brain im right :)
I think you are correct from what DJI told me. Question is, is what they told me the "final word"?

The RC Pro does O3 AND O3+. The only real difference is 5.1 vs 5.8.
When I looked in the transmission settings on Air 3 today, it is only showing 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz. 5.1ghz is not showing up. Perhaps it isn’t enabled in the US.

Also, I tried to manually link the RC Pro to the Air 3. It absolutely will not work at this time.

Reactions: Torque
Yes, 5.1g is EU only as far as i know - partly due to our piss poor transmission power, the 5.1g band is supposed to allow better range as it’s outside the interference caused by the 2.4/5.8g band.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne