DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 will be compatible with RC Pro controller?

solidhouse

Reactions
Hello everyone,

What do you all make of this promotional material for the new Air 3? Does it look like the Air 3 will be compatible with the RC Pro controller?

SH

Attachments

• CA29D30C-0383-4E06-B9CE-9546522CF9CF.png
    CA29D30C-0383-4E06-B9CE-9546522CF9CF.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 111
Perhaps but I can see why DJI many not include one in their different kit configuration offerings. BTW, that looks like a leaked internal document rather than promotional material where you wouldn't highlight the pluses over your own product.

Looks like a new controller vs older controllers and the improvements over the older models. Others in the forum have said that because the Air 3 looks to have Occusync 4.0 that the older RC controllers probably won’t work with the Air 3. Guess we’ll find out 7/25

Reactions: TL22443 and DanJ
Looks like a new controller vs older controllers and the improvements over the older models. Others in the forum have said that because the Air 3 looks to have Occusync 4.0 that the older RC controllers probably won’t work with the Air 3. Guess we’ll find out 7/25
Unless of course there is some kind of software update for the RC Pro controller that will allow for Occusyn 4.0.
Again, time will tell but I will be checking on the 25th to see if there is a sofware update for my RC Pro.

Being as you can use the original smart controller with an Air 2 that uses O3, there is a good chance that the drone will work with an earlier protocol, you just may not get the benefits of the new O4 system. I'm sure there will be an update for the RC Pro to at least add the Air 3 model.

Reactions: DanJ and maggior
I found this picture on Twitter of an Air 3 which seems to be working with what looks like and RC Pro controller. Any thoughts on this?

Attachments

• E07F245F-DCCC-4D91-AAA7-E29A17633281.png
    E07F245F-DCCC-4D91-AAA7-E29A17633281.png
    7.9 MB · Views: 96
Reactions: Ulf Pedersen
I found this picture on Twitter of an Air 3 which seems to be working with what looks like and RC Pro controller. Any thoughts on this?
Idiots, they blurred out the screen on the monitor but they did not blur out the reflection of that screen in the table it is resting on. Anyone read Chinese to see what is says? I wonder if that is supposed to be showing, that it send's a wireless signal to an aux. screen, what is showing through the camera of the drone that is displayed on the Smart Controller?

Reactions: costica1234
Idiots, they blurred out the screen on the monitor but they did not blur out the reflection of that screen in the table it is resting on. Anyone read Chinese to see what is says? I wonder if that is supposed to be showing, that it send's a wireless signal to an aux. screen, what is showing through the camera of the drone that is displayed on the Smart Controller?
Click on the attachment thread right above in #6 and it will show the RC pro being used.

It definitely looks like an RC Pro being used. I guess the questions now is will the RC Pro transmit O4 when used with the Air 3 or will the Air 3 be backwards compatible with O3+.

no compatibility between them
O3≠O4
but this is not the drama
the drama is that all nowadays drones will be basically old because they arent on O4
so in my soul i hope im wrong :)
but in my brain im right :)

Last edited:
no compatibility between them
O3≠O4
but this is not the drama
the drama is that all nowadays drones will be basically old because they arent on O4
I understand what you are saying. However, how do you explain this picture that apparently has an RC Pro controller connect to the new Air 3?

Attachments

• 9C1D4C72-F22E-48F7-8B2D-AD8BA7CFC430.jpeg
    9C1D4C72-F22E-48F7-8B2D-AD8BA7CFC430.jpeg
    359.7 KB · Views: 9
are they really connected?
where is the pic from?
i dont see it on any dji leakers on twitter
and im sure they get it but theyre not post it for a reason

Last edited:
Reactions: Torque
from what i see i still think that they will not work together
but we will see
if you are interested in this you may ask him https://twitter.com/Quadro_News
The RC pro may not work right away,it may take a firmware upgrade later on.
Other controllers may not work but we are talking about a 1200 dollar controller.
And I think dJI will try to make it work considering a lot of pilots have one.
May not work with O4,but be backwards compatible with O3 or O3+.
Just my thoughts on this.

The RC pro may not work right away,it may take a firmware upgrade later on.
Other controllers may not work but we are talking about a 1200 dollar controller.
And I think dJI will try to make it work considering a lot of pilots have one.
May not work with O4,but be backwards compatible with O3 or O3+.
Just my thoughts on this.
Agreed and we know for sure the RCPro will not work with MA3 without a firmware update, 99% sure of that. Personally I think it's 50/50 if we get the update on launch day or sometime later down the road.

Agreed and we know for sure the RCPro will not work with MA3 without a firmware update, 99% sure of that. Personally I think it's 50/50 if we get the update on launch day or sometime later down the road.
I suppose the big question is if the RC Pro has the hardware capability to support O4. Hopefully it does.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas