DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 wish-list

remotehorizons

Reactions
Site
remotehorizons.com
Which features would you most like to see on the Air 3 (which will hopefully be announced in the coming months)?

I would like:

- Rotating camera to capture portrait format images and video as per Mini 3 Pro.
- Increased lens quality.
- Retain the 1 inch sensor size with a 3:2 aspect ratio.
- Improved dynamic range.

Having said all that, I am still delighted with my Air 2s. I captured this image with it a few weeks ago - manual HDR panorama.

Ballintoy-Northern-Ireland-(00164).jpg

Which features would you most like to see on the Air 3 (which will hopefully be announced in the coming months)?

I would like:

- Rotating camera to capture portrait format images and video as per Mini 3 Pro.
- Increased lens quality.
- Retain the 1 inch sensor size with a 3:2 aspect ratio.
- Improved dynamic range.

Having said all that, I am still delighted with my Air 2s. I captured this image with it a few weeks ago - manual HDR panorama.

View attachment 162208
Portrait mode with the ability to do panos. Better white balance to read several areas on the sensor ( wishing this on pro cameras as well ) Better cinematic moves when running MasterShots. Get rid of that horizon FPV tilt and ground to horizon camera movement. Better obstacle avoidance in bypass mode.

1. Omnidirectional obstacle avoidance.
2. Better battery life.
3. Better image transmission.
4. Camera is actually great but if it would be possible with 1inch sensor , more resolution on photos.

Just one thing, the ability to use any frickin' pair of goggles out of the box. Getting DJI goggle compatibility is like trying to get a tantruming toddler to eat a plate of Brussel sprouts.

Hvilke funktioner vil du helst se på Air 3 (som forhåbentlig vil blive annonceret i de kommende måneder)?

Jeg kunne godt tænke mig:

- Roterende kamera til at optage billeder og video i portrætformat i henhold til Mini 3 Pro.
- Forøget linsekvalitet.
- Bevar sensorstørrelsen på 1 tommer med et billedformat på 3:2.
- Forbedret dynamikområde.

Når det er sagt, er jeg stadig glad for mine Air 2s. Jeg tog dette billede med det for et par uger siden - manuel HDR-panorama.

View attachment 162208
Hvorfor ønske sig noget, din AIR2S allerede kan.

Du har allerede Lodret panorama

Attachments

• vertikal-panorama-menu.png
    vertikal-panorama-menu.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 6
I'm probably ignorant, but I wonder:

$850 - New Air 2S
$1100 (+$250) - new Air 2S FMC
$1470 (+$370) - new Mavic 3 Classic
$1750 (+$280) - refurbished Mavic 3
$2050 (+$300) - new Mavic 3
$2350 (+$300) - refurbished Mavic 3 FMC
$2850 (+$500) - new Mavic 3 FMC

I didn't bother with the Classic FMC or the various RC options for the drones

I'm looking at that progression and I'm having a hard time seeing a gap, and niche, the Air 3 can fit into. And keep in mind that the most obvious spot will be filled when the refurbished Mavic 3 Classics start showing up, as they inevitably will

what I'm seeing is that if there are significant upgrades from the Air 2S in the Air 3 it will be competing with the Classic. and I doubt DJI wants that

Are we seeing some model/market saturation here?

Reactions: Anthony Ivory
I would add on my wishlist for an Air 3, a f1.8 lens to take more night time pics like the Mini 3 Pro.
Oh yeah and a variable aperture.

I would like to see side sensors.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown