DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3. With ND filter behaviour question.

monchan

Reactions
Had my first flight with freewell nd + pl filter on. First the drone said gimble overload. I was very gentle putting it on. Took off and put back on again. Then it said. Wide angle lens attached.

Flying was all good. Video+ single photos . But I couldn't take any Panos. Withe ND on. Is that normal?

Had my first flight with freewell nd + pl filter on. First the drone said gimble overload. I was very gentle putting it on. Took off and put back on again. Then it said. Wide angle lens attached.

Flying was all good. Video+ single photos . But I couldn't take any Panos. Withe ND on. Is that normal?
Have you seen this?

Reactions: Xi Zhou and monchan
Yeah, Thanks I have seen that. My post was probably not the clearest. I know how to use them and why.
I was just worried about the gimble overload message.
And was wondering if it is normal for the drone / rc to say wide angle lens attached, when in fact it
is just a nd filter.
I would not have thought the gimble would be stressed by the extra weight?

Reactions: Torque
@monchan ,i have the DJI ND filter set and have not had any gimbal overload messages ,but it is definitely the filter being fitted to the camera ,that is causing the messages to appear
try starting ,and stopping, the drone a few times with the filter on ,it might help

Reactions: Xi Zhou and monchan
It is the weight of the filter. If you notice when the drone start and initiates the Gimbal built in test, the gimbals jumps and moves every which direction. When it "jumps" if it detects that it has to correct itself MORE than normal(due to a heavier lens attached - not necessarily the type of lens), it defaults to "oh a wide angle lens attached"

As mentioned, a method is try starting and stopping it again, you could reposition the gimbal(drone off) and try it angled in different directions to determine if it is any help.

Reactions: monchan
Thanks. Took it out yesterday with the ND1000 for some long exposure, and it was fine. But they are thinner and lighter the the ND/CPL lenses. Will try them again on the weekend. Cant start it up in the house as my other half doesn`t know I got it. Still rocking the air 1 as far as she is concerned.

Took the Air 3 a few times over the weekend.
Making sure to turn it off everytime before changing filters.
Pretty sure I did that the first time, but not sure.

Results were kinda mixed, sometimes it would say wideangle lens attached
and I wouldn`t be able to do pano`s. Other times no message, as normal and was able to take pano`s with a filter attached. So not sure why this would happen.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas