DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 Air 3S - Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (Normal + HDR)

davidarmenb

Reactions
Some cinematic shots of a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon from the new DJI Air 3S!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Shot in the early morning hours, right before and after sunrise. It was much darker outside with the naked eye than how it looks in the footage. These clips were shot with high ISO (Auto ISO) because of the low light conditions.

The video above was shot using the Normal Color Profile. I also made an entirely different cut with footage shot using the 10bit HLG Color Profile. Here is that second video in HDR:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Due to experimentation and demonstration purposes, no corrections have been made to these videos and the entire clips were shot on Auto Exposure while using ActiveTrack 360, both on ‘Auto’ and via manually selecting the shooting angles in the ActiveTrack 360 wheel.

I quickly noticed an improvement in this supposedly updated and refined ActiveTrack 360 when compared to the ActiveTrack 360 in my Air 3. The footage is smoother overall, with less (1) unnecessary movement, (2) random changes in the framing, and (3) quick/unexpected changes in the drone’s speed.

I hope you enjoy!

Definitely liked the normal color profile , but the video was very clean on both, its seemed the jeep was holding the drone back from what is capable of the drone.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, land on the Water,

Reactions: davidarmenb
Awesome videos! Great looking video directly from the drone.

Definitely liked the normal color profile , but the video was very clean on both, its seemed the jeep was holding the drone back from what is capable of the drone.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, land on the Water,
I agree! If the user plans to do zero editing and zero corrections, the Normal profile looks better straight out of the drone, especially with high contrast scenes. Correcting the HLG footage would turn it into a great looking HDR video. However, if you are going to grade your footage anyway, you might as well shoot in D-Log-M because you will then have the option to grade it in rec.709 (SDR) and/or rec.2020 (HDR).

The Jeep was definitely holding the drone back! Maximum speed of the Jeep on those roads was probably 15-20mph; a walk in the park for the drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PolKrestof