DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3S now available (more details inside)

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
mavichelp.com
The Air 3S is now available here in the DJI Store. See more details here.

Notable features:
  • 45 minutes of flight time
  • 50 megapixel, 1-inch sensor with a 24mm lens
  • 48 megapixel, 1/1.3-inch sensor with a 70mm (3x zoom) lens
  • 4K/60fps HDR and 4K/120fps video
  • 42 GB of built-in storage
  • 20 km (12 miles) max transmission range
  • Omnidirectional obstacle sensing
  • Front-facing LiDAR
  • Downward infrared time-of-flight (TOF) sensors
  • Improved nighttime (low-light) performance

The DJI Air 3S has several significant upgrades over the DJI Air 3, including enhancements to the camera system, vision sensing, intelligent features, and video transmission. Key improvements include:
  1. Upgraded Camera System: DJI Air 3S features an advanced 1-inch CMOS primary camera with a new image-processing platform that offers a video dynamic range of up to 14 stops. It supports up to 4K/120fps video recording, and both wide-angle and medium tele cameras include the Free Panorama feature for flexible shooting-range selections.

2. Enhanced Obstacle Sensing: The Air 3S introduces forward-facing LiDAR sensors for nightscape omnidirectional obstacle sensing and next-generation Smart RTH. It can actively detect and avoid obstacles, such as buildings, ensuring safer urban night photography. It also memorizes flight paths in well-lit conditions, allowing quick takeoffs and safe returns, even without satellite signals.

3. Improved Video Transmission: The Air 3S utilizes the O4 video transmission system, which delivers more stable signals, enhanced anti-interference capabilities, and improved image quality.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Air3S-1.jpg

Air3S-3.jpg

Air3S-2.jpg

Last edited:

50 Megapixels from the 1" wide angle camera, but are they SHARP?

I tested the 20MP camera of the Mavic 3 against the 25-105mm Sony zoom lens and a 24MP camera, and the image quality is really close. But that's not to say that they are perfect. Both lenses are pretty soft in the corners. So if this 1" sensor lens is not sharp, then the increased resolution is just more blurry pixels.

I'll post those test images if anyone is interested.

But overall, seems like a really solid upgrade.

Reactions: VenomXts
When will it be available on Amazon?
It's not available from any dealers yet (Amazon or elsewhere). New releases are sometimes only available in the DJI Store for some days.

Reactions: samijandali
50 Megapixels from the 1" wide angle camera, but are they SHARP?

I tested the 20MP camera of the Mavic 3 against the 25-105mm Sony zoom lens and a 24MP camera, and the image quality is really close. But that's not to say that they are perfect. Both lenses are pretty soft in the corners. So if this 1" sensor lens is not sharp, then the increased resolution is just more blurry pixels.

I'll post those test images if anyone is interested.

But overall, seems like a really solid upgrade.
The main camera 1" sensor is a true 12mp with a 50mp setting.

looking for some low light comparisons with the macic 3, air2s, air3 and air3s.

Own a air3 so interested in this but with the Mavic 4 next year most likely.. its a hard decision..... although I like this price point way better without knowing the mavic 4 price lol.

It's available on Amazon.ca (Canada) in different combos, with the RC-N3 or RC2.

Does anyone know if the controller for the Air3 with screen will work with the Air3s? I would love to just use the same one for both and get the cheaper kit with non screen one.

Does anyone know if the controller for the Air3 with screen will work with the Air3s? I would love to just use the same one for both and get the cheaper kit with non screen one.
Yes they both are compatible with the same controllers.

Reactions: VenomXts

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jedbikes