Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Super Low DJI Prices - Real or "Real Fake"

Gerry G

Reactions
Site
droneviewgis.com
It's an Oregon company with a warehouse in Houston, Texas
Are you sure? That domain was created on March 7th and is registered to someone in Reykjavik, Iceland.

I know, if it looks to good to be true, it is.
You should take your own great advice and buy from DJI or an authorized DJI dealer instead.

Have you heard the saying, "if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is"?

I think that to be most likely the case here. The website was created 2023-03-07 Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.namecheap.com from the country Iceland. Also, it pulls a below score of trusted websites on ScamAdisor

One in particular, "This website appears to be hosted by a company with a bad reputation."

Also worth noting is the address shows up as a residential home on Google Maps

I would stay away from it myself.

However, if you so choose to proceed, kindly let us know how it went

Alarm bells all over it! That is about as scam as scam gets and I would give it a very wide berth if I were you!

1. Offer is blatantly too good to be true.
2. Item description is displaying badly malformed html
3. No verification link for Google trusted store
4. Bad English language e.g. at the bottom of the page: "We are accept Paypal"

Last edited:
Reactions: MS Coast
I am surprised you actually consider buying from them.
Ask yourself why somebody would sell a Mavic 3 FMC for much less than half the normal price, and lose lots of money on each drone they sell.
Of course it's a scam.

@Gerry G ,its really all been said already SCAM
but on a positive note ,thanks for bringing it to our attention ,as it may save others from falling for it

Yep, red flags all over that site. I wonder how many people they manage to scam. Is there anything the don't sell cheaper than every one else? Why aren't they the only ones in business?

Are you sure? That domain was created on March 7th and is registered to someone in Reykjavik, Iceland.

You should take your own great advice and buy from DJI or an authorized DJI dealer instead.
How do you discover WHERE a website is hosted from?

And again….
This thread is one of the many reasons I like this site.
Great info. Thank you

I would be cautious with even contacting them as if they get any of your information they can steal your identity. I have seen this done to people and it was a harmless inquiry to a website. The prices are too good to be true. I would steer clear of this website.

How do you discover WHERE a website is hosted from?
Use WHOIS. You can see everything about the domain registration (Unless set to private)

whomever the company may be, they list nearly every home appliance, refrigerators and more...so caveat emptor.

Most are fake. I tested one once. I actually bought the product and waited. Nothing came except some plastic thing. I called the credit card company and they refunded the money immediately. No worries.

I wasn't worried that I would lose any money. I've used my credit card fraud program quite a few times. They never denied a claim. I figured they wouldn't deny this one either, even though I purposely bought a fake product.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4