DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air on Order

@swooshdave While you're waiting for it to show up... you're probably wondering what software to get for video editing. I am. (**** fedex... can they drive ANY SLOWER???!!!!) I found this video editor that looks REALLY freaking cool. It's free for individual users, but has some pretty good pro tools. So skip Adobe, this is free: DaVinci Resolve 15 | Blackmagic Design

x2 on DaVinci Resolve. Very powerful. I'd also recommend the Kindle version of the guide for how to use Resolve.

Nope. I'll fly carefully. The real price of that first repair is $200, or 1/4 of the drone price... (99 for care, 99 to use it). It's a bad investment IMHO. I will just pay to repair if I need to.

oh really? i thought when you pay $99 it will cover, or it will cost another $99 to repair it?

(I was off by $30 in my last post)

You pay $99 for the insurance. Then $69 for the first repair. So yes, another $99 $69 to repair it. ($99 for subsequent repairs). I also found a guy who repairs in one of these forums, so I'm not too worried.

(I was off by $30 in my last post)

You pay $99 for the insurance. Then $69 for the first repair. So yes, another $99 $69 to repair it. ($99 for subsequent repairs). I also found a guy who repairs in one of these forums, so I'm not too worried.

understood. where are you located?

@swooshdave While you're waiting for it to show up... you're probably wondering what software to get for video editing. I am. (**** fedex... can they drive ANY SLOWER???!!!!) I found this video editor that looks REALLY freaking cool. It's free for individual users, but has some pretty good pro tools. So skip Adobe, this is free: DaVinci Resolve 15 | Blackmagic Design

Um, I'm going to stick with iMovie for the simple stuff because it's fast. For the more complex stuff I'll got to FCP.

I never liked any toy drones. I felt like the control were off target. they never worked properly and most of flight would end in a crash

Yes, but if you could get one to behave it was satisfying. And because they are relatively cheap you didn't cry when they crashed.

I started off with the Millennium Falcon from Air Hogs and since it was foam covered you could crash the crap out of it. I still haven't killed that thing.

Then I went to the YH-19, which cost less than a Spark battery. Again it's light and hard to damage. But yes, I'm looking to move up.

Probably Photoshop. :D

Is that your FAA number on top?

Yep. For now just handwritten and taped. Will get something smaller on the side later. But thought I'd be legal in e I run into any hassle.

One thing that is SUPER odd is the remote control charging cable... you need a USB C plug to plug it into. If you don't have a USB C charging plug, buy one now before your drone comes.

I just did a simple up and down in front of the house to test it out. In mid flight my phone decided to turn off. Yikes. But it just hovered steady-- winds were going pretty good too, but it was steady as could be. I tried using return to home to land it, but it seemed to hover there for a bit, and that may have been when my phone screen decided to turn off. Before I get all the kinks worked out I'm going to keep it in a manual fly zone for sure.

I think I will get a dedicated phone to use with the controller too... there's some really good $100 or less options. I'm using an LG K20 for my phone, and the screen isn't very bright. I think the LG Stylo 3 would be a good candidate... and that has a Boost Mobile $99 version at Best Buy.

The remote control charges from the side port not the bottom one. There is a USB-C to USB Micro adapter in the kit.

Common theme is that iOS works better with DJI Go if you have that option.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54