DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air on Order

Oh that is SUPER wierd. But okay. Charging now! Soon as my controller charge is full I'll be off to get some more flights in.

Lots of restrictions in the area because of Centennial Airport. Looks like you might be up near Aurora. Regardless, we should fly sometime.

PM sent! I'm west of Quebec, just north of county line. So close to Park Meadows... and yeah, I'm in that airport circle. I think I can fly low in my park though without trouble. I'm not too far from the edge of the circle too, that's a short drive and I'm in free airspace.

I've watched every Mavic Air video on YouTube 70 times. I know EVERYTHING! :eek:
One more, in French, but just watching the video should give you some info ! For example did you know that the mavic Air field of view gets smaller when shooting at anyting more than 30fps (at 21:34) ?! ;)

I am jealous. need to get mine shortly.

NOOB question: If I go to location with no mobile signal, can I still use my drone.
I mean there are some locations that I get no signal on my mobile, will I not be able to use my drone in those locations?

Does the GPS has to always be available?

Reactions: UneBoleeDAir.fr
I am jealous. need to get mine shortly.

NOOB question: If I go to location with no mobile signal, can I still use my drone.
I mean there are some locations that I get no signal on my mobile, will I not be able to use my drone in those locations?

Yes, you can-- you do not need cellular. Lots of people use dedicated phones without cellular.

Also, you CAN fly without GPS but you SHOULDNT. Return to home needs GPS and is the best thing EVER. You will "lose" your drone in flight, not know where the hell it is, and return to home if MAGIC.

Yes, you can-- you do not need cellular. Lots of people use dedicated phones without cellular.

Also, you CAN fly without GPS but you SHOULDNT. Return to home needs GPS and is the best thing EVER. You will "lose" your drone in flight, not know where the **** it is, and return to home if MAGIC.

If you use a phone without cellular then is your flight information still recorded in the DJO Go app? And does the app know where you are especially if you move while flying?

Here's a pic from my first REAL flight. This thing is SO FREAKING COOL. I did some mellow test flights at a park... cruising altitude of 200-400 feet... return to home is AMAZING... sport mode is AMAZING.... but flew in normal mode most of the time, because $800. This is definitely worth every penny. And after flying it, I'm not worried at all about not having DJI care. If you're a careful pilot I don't see how you'd wreck this thing. It's really great.

Attachments

• Drone 2018-04-12 015.JPG
    Drone 2018-04-12 015.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 26
Here's my first flight. Nothing spectacular, just raw footage. I went pretty chill, wanted to get the feel for it before doing anything really dumb. I felt super confident, you can just let it hover and it will just stay there, doing its thing, without flying off all crazy. This drone is great.

(It takes about 30 minutes to upload 3:30 of footage... (2.57GB) -- so this may take a while before you can see my AMAZING first flight)

Last edited:
Another small clip from overhead:

Just testing the camera, nothing too interesting.

The SD card will fill up QUICKLY. Also note that I wasn't able to get 4K footage on my SD... I ordered another from Amazon that will be here tomorrow, might need some more after seeing how quick it fills up.

My French is not that good.
Haha, I guess the auto-subtitles are not so good... :p

As already said, yes you can fly without mobile signal and without GPS. But indeed it is better to always have it turned on, which is not an issue as you have it everywhere (outside without to much obstacles of course) ! ;)

So far I'm super impressed. This is a really great piece of tech. Stable as can be to fly, haven't had any issues with the signal-- I did start to lose the signal in a few places when it was 2000+ feet away, but at that range in suburbia that's about as far as I want to fly. When I lost track, I immediately initiated return to home, which has worked REALLY well every time. I was flying in 20MPH winds, and didn't even notice while flying.

Battery flight time seems to be a very long time as well. I've returned home each flight with well over 5 minutes life on the battery.

The only problem with the Mavic Air? It makes it hard for me to focus on my day job... I just want to go fly as soon as the batteries are charged.

Swooshdave, you're going to love it.

The SD card will fill up QUICKLY. Also note that I wasn't able to get 4K footage on my SD... I ordered another from Amazon that will be here tomorrow, might need some more after seeing how quick it fills up.

I haven't bought a new SD card yet, still trying to figure out what size (32 vs 64). I don't plan on shooting 4k. With three batteries just how much video can you get on a card?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spencergotty