DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air Space restrictions changed

Given that the main concern most owners have about flying their drones is the possibility of a flyaway due to a software glitch, and that the developers can only fix said glitches through firmware updates, its pretty stunning that most owners don't update their firmware.
Sounds like you must be new to DJI drones. They are notorious for introducing bugs and not well known for fixing them. Its a long running issue with DJI. They're not like apple where you can generally trust the updates. We generally advise not to upgrade anything DJI unless there is a good reason to.

Sounds like you must be new to DJI drones. They are notorious for introducing bugs and not well known for fixing them. Its a long running issue with DJI. They're not like apple where you can generally trust the updates. We generally advise not to upgrade anything DJI unless there is a good reason to.

I don't know who the "we" is in your statement above, but the comment about introducing bugs is an over-generalization and mostly inaccurate in my opinion.

As a Software Engineer, I can assure you most bugs are introduced(inadvertently) attempting to fix other bugs or adding new trivial features no one really cares about. Unless you see something that interests you in a change log(and that very well may be updated maps) then you are taking a risk taking updates. At the very least (and this goes for all software) wait for others to try it out and the dust to settle.

Reactions: brett8883
I update and last one gave me more freedom in area previously restricted to me. I tested flying up to the new boundary (restricted area) and it was like hitting a wall, until I lowered altitude. I am OK with that.