DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air Travelling with Mavic 3 and extra batteries PLUS Laptop will be way over many airlines battery limits?? Most are 100Wh!

winmeister6

Reactions
Really liking Mavic 3 series. But as per my concerns, how can you deal with this max battery power limits on board? 100Wh limits, if you are travelling alone is too little strictly speaking.

Anyone have problems travelling with Mavic 3 and fly more kit?

Really liking Mavic 3 series. But as per my concerns, how can you deal with this max battery power limits on board? 100Wh limits, if you are travelling alone is too little strictly speaking.
You won't have any problem at all.
The limit is on the size of individual batteries, not an aggregate.
And the capacity of your Mavic 3 batteries is well below 100Wh.
i-xNWhqzF-L.jpg

Thanks. I will be very happy if this is so. It's such a risk, turn up at airport, 2 hours before and if they don't let you board what the hell can you do worries me so much!!

It's such a risk, turn up at airport, 2 hours before and if they don't let you board what the hell can you do worries me so much!!
It's no risk at all.
People fly with drones every day without any problem.
The check-in people at the airport won't even look twice at you and your drone.
They see them every day.
Just make sure that all your batteries are in your carry-on luggage.

Reactions: winmeister6
Also, getting there two hours before makes for a lot of sitting, why so early. Messing with you but I like an hour maybe. They have never had an issue with my brining batteries even when taking two drones and 3 batteries each. I like taking the mini too or often just the mini but the Mavic travels well.

but TSA seemed happy with them.
TSA wouldn't have known what they were or cared.
All they are looking for are prohibited items.
Lipo bags aren't required by any airline or air safety authority.

Also, getting there two hours before makes for a lot of sitting, why so early. Messing with you but I like an hour maybe. They have never had an issue with my brining batteries even when taking two drones and 3 batteries each. I like taking the mini too or often just the mini but the Mavic travels well.
You MUST fly out of small airports. I’ve had times where it took an hour to clear TSA Iraq ATL

I make a point to go to the airline website for each airline I fly and to a photo of their regulations.
When you get to TSA documentation beats conversation. Most of them can read. 😂
Mavic 3 batteries are $209 each and I travel with at least 3.
It’s cheaper to be prepared with the proper documentation than to miss the flight or throw away batteries.

I make a point to go to the airline website for each airline I fly and to a photo of their regulations.
When you get to TSA documentation beats conversation. Most of them can read. 😂
Mavic 3 batteries are $209 each and I travel with at least 3.
It’s cheaper to be prepared with the proper documentation than to miss the flight or throw away batteries.
Has anyone ever challenged you about carrying batteries?
Have you ever needed to show documentation?

Reactions: Anthony Ivory
Has anyone ever challenged you about carrying batteries?
Have you ever needed to show documentation?
I have. I fly Internationally and have been challenged a few times. If you fly internationally make sure you know the drone laws of ALL the countries you fly through.

Check the rules for the airline you are travelling on. Some have a limit on the number of batteries. Some want bags. Some are OK with them but want to be informed ahead of time that you are carrying them. (All situations I've encountered.)

I've never been unable to board, but I've always ensured that I met their limits.

And I'm with you on being there early. It allows time for unexpected problems (such as an accident on the approach road to the airport).

Reactions: Howard70
I use EasyJet often between (UK and EU) and the way they have written it 100wh and 2 x spare batteries are allowed etc. Making me nervous and taking the chance. Small internal EU airlines are a mess to understand.

I've flown with air Canada amd Icelandic Airlines and never had to worry about drone or batteries and I have 3 plus still camera and batteries plus gopro and DJI Osmo, never an issue.

Just back home in Blighty from internal and international flights to/from an around the US and all OK. MA2, 3 batteries (all in Lipo bags) and never a problem. I always carry the batteries in my hand luggage but the rest of the kit goes in the hold. Happy travels!

Exactly why I arrive at the airport early, way early. Never know who you might run into and what they are thinking. If necessary, you can go back to your car and re-configure your baggage or leave some stuff behind.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Last Fall I took a two body Nikon kit with 5 batteries, 11” iPad Pro, Mavic 3 Cine with 6 batteries and its RC Pro to Iceland. No issues at all but did fly business class so maybe that helped.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Britt