DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air vs Pro need info to decide!

Flight time is lower with the air and to be frank, the camera is wrong. Why have a wide angle camera on a drone unless you are flying indoors? Makes no sense with my type of flying.

Flight time is lower with the air and to be frank, the camera is wrong. Why have a wide angle camera on a drone unless you are flying indoors? Makes no sense with my type of flying.

If the wide angle is anything along the lines of the GoPro, I would not be a fan, I know obviously drone footage is more aerial based. But with such a wide angle, GoPro footage always looks so flat, even in the steepest terrain with action sports and the like.

If the wide angle is anything along the lines of the GoPro, I would not be a fan, I know obviously drone footage is more aerial based. But with such a wide angle, GoPro footage always looks so flat, even in the steepest terrain with action sports and the like.

Wide angle is great for sports cams, stupid for drones. JMHO

Reactions: DTC709
occusync is so necessary.

my mavic pro has been an insanely reliable workhorse. looking forward to the mavic pro 2 though.

Reactions: MoonstruckView
Wide angle is great for sports cams, stupid for drones. JMHO

I mainly bought my GoPro for snowmobiling, and overall it’s amazing, once you get pass the wide angle lens making everything look perfectly flat! Haha

I’ve had a Pro for a year. The size isn’t an issue. Neither are either the range or the battery life. I’ve never had a flight that’s taken the battery below 40%. What is an issue for me is unfolding the drone and sorting out the gimbal cover. It’s more of a pain than I’d anticipated. It’s certainly not a one-handed operation. The Air seems a lot more straightforward in this respect.

For this reason, if I was buying now, I’d probably go for the Air. It just seems more convenient. Don’t get me wrong. I’m sticking with my Pro now. It’s a good drone.

Hello from Eastern Canada,

I’ve been wanting a drone for a while, picked up the Tello about a month ago, and seeing what even such a small toy drone can do, I’ve decided to finally pick one up.

As I’ve seen plenty of posts here already, and have read through most of them, and watched more comparison vids then I’d like to admit, I’m torn between the Pro & the Air. I know I want the portability of the Mavic series.

I think I’ll be fine with the Airs range, but having never owned one before I’m stuck on flight time, obviously more is better, but I’m sort of thinking the Air’s 15-17 min may be enough for me. And they both seem to handle wind somewhat equally.

•Price wise, best I can seem to find is:

-Mavic Air w/ extra battery: $1188.00 CAD (Approx $925 USD)

-Mavic Pro: $ $1299.00 CAD (Approx $1012 USD)

One thing I would love to get a photo of, would be the air folded up in its storage bag, and the pro folded up (also in storage bag if you have one, if not no big deal). Put along side a baseball cap for reference so I can really gauge the portability difference.

Anyways, sorry for the winded post, excited to become part of the community and any help, Input, tips, tricks or comments are welcome! Thanks[/QUOTE

For me MP is better ....more accesories and spade part in the market,longer flight and many support from all experts is some of my consideration.
I even now buy newer bebop power after MP after many problems flying on NFZ needs email etc etc while we are on vacation. My MP almost forced land on sea in the beach Kuta Bali even I am little far from airport.
Ok back to subject, minimum batt for Mp is 10 % after that may be RTH...IF shorter batt like MP air...so can we decide to enjoy more flight for photo and filming

Hello from Eastern Canada,

I’ve been wanting a drone for a while, picked up the Tello about a month ago, and seeing what even such a small toy drone can do, I’ve decided to finally pick one up.

As I’ve seen plenty of posts here already, and have read through most of them, and watched more comparison vids then I’d like to admit, I’m torn between the Pro & the Air. I know I want the portability of the Mavic series.

I think I’ll be fine with the Airs range, but having never owned one before I’m stuck on flight time, obviously more is better, but I’m sort of thinking the Air’s 15-17 min may be enough for me. And they both seem to handle wind somewhat equally.

•Price wise, best I can seem to find is:

-Mavic Air w/ extra battery: $1188.00 CAD (Approx $925 USD)

-Mavic Pro: $ $1299.00 CAD (Approx $1012 USD)

One thing I would love to get a photo of, would be the air folded up in its storage bag, and the pro folded up (also in storage bag if you have one, if not no big deal). Put along side a baseball cap for reference so I can really gauge the portability difference.

Anyways, sorry for the winded post, excited to become part of the community and any help, Input, tips, tricks or comments are welcome! Thanks

I have two Mavic Pro Platinums which aren’t much different than the Mavic Pro. My input is more about the DJI Goggles. If I just had the drone it would be like sitting at an air show watching planes fly.

The goggles on the other hand, puts you inside the drone, so to speak.

As I posted elsewhere, the goggles are primary, the drone secondary. Together they make for an awesome experience immersed experience. My first time using the goggles, I had to remind myself that I was sitting in my car in the middle of a field!

Now, I simply sit in bed on many mornings and fly from inside my house watching the sun rise and just flying around the countryside taking in the scenery.

I have two Mavic Pro Platinums which aren’t much different than the Mavic Pro. My input is more about the DJI Goggles. If I just had the drone it would be like sitting at an air show watching planes fly.

The goggles on the other hand, puts you inside the drone, so to speak.

As I posted elsewhere, the goggles are primary, the drone secondary. Together they make for an awesome experience immersed experience. My first time using the goggles, I had to remind myself that I was sitting in my car in the middle of a field!

Now, I simply sit in bed on many mornings and fly from inside my house watching the sun rise and just flying around the countryside taking in the scenery.
Dang, you made me want to use my dji goggles more often. :)

Mike

Reactions: Mad Mavic
You got that right haha. Going by the the Occusync don’t seem to mind walls and such for signal interference then does it

If you decide to go for the goggles, you r new M Pro is it, hands down. Seamless, flawless,,, oh yeah and wireless. The goggles were made for the M Pro, M Air is cumbersome. But... not to be a wet blanket, the googles are not for everyone. and pricey. so look into them.

Reactions: DTC709
If you decide to go for the goggles, you r new M Pro is it, hands down. Seamless, flawless,,, oh yeah and wireless. The goggles were made for the M Pro, M Air is cumbersome. But... not to be a wet blanket, the googles are not for everyone. and pricey. so look into them.

Pricey is right, they seem cool but aren’t even on my radar of interest just yet

You got that right haha. Going by the the Occusync don’t seem to mind walls and such for signal interference then does it

The only thing it doesn’t like is power lines when between the goggles and Mavic. From inside my house, flying at 400 AGL, I have very limited distance when heading between 20 and 30 degrees which is over power lines. Otherwise at other headings, I can get out a mile, in some directions 3.

I do wish they were smaller but in order to get the 4K screen and the ability to wear glasses, it’s a large footprint.

My favorite key feature is that the gimbal can move where you look.

Yeah that’s what I’ve been reading, I’ll have to do more searching. Shipping & customs will probably still go against me tho. Thanks!

Buy directly from DJI and for any purchase of $89 US or more, shipping is free and you pay no taxes and no duty.

Buy directly from DJI and for any purchase of $89 US or more, shipping is free and you pay no taxes and no duty.

I went MP, went through the Apple Store, free shipping and fast cause it was in Canada. Worked out nicely as well seeing how my first MP had gimbal vibration and reset issues. Apples customer support is amazing, had the label and mine shipped all paid for, then my new MP in less then 5 days.

My has been too, but it took three of them to finally get one that worked out of the box. The one I have now is fricken bullet proof. DJI could use a bit more testing before shipping.
That's surprising, but i have had experience with drones for a long time so maybe i'm more familiar with the process.

I went MP, went through the Apple Store, free shipping and fast cause it was in Canada. Worked out nicely as well seeing how my first MP had gimbal vibration and reset issues. Apples customer support is amazing, had the label and mine shipped all paid for, then my new MP in less then 5 days.

Sooo... how do you like your new machine? New F. right?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead