DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air2 Unable to fly with all approvals

Paul Stocum

Reactions
I have manually applied for flight in a 0 foot restricted zone, and have been approved with the FAA. I downloaded the PDF document uploaded to DJI Fly save unlock Geo zone, section of the website, and was also approved to unlock the required zone to fly. I then updated all firmware on my controller and drone, uploaded the geo zone approval to aircraft, rebooted everything, re-uploaded the approval to the aircraft, but I am unable to takeoff.

Any tips/advice?

This the zone E39D3760-E138-4D99-AD97-3710884851B8.png

It sounds like you have tried everything that I would suggest doing. Perhaps try uploading to the aircraft again.

Literally 20 times and change.
Definitely weird. Try DJI support chat. Or, perhaps wait to see what others here might have to say on the matter. I know it has to be very frustrating.

Reactions: Paul Stocum
Reactions: dmiles119
And so would I. I live in an Authorization Zone and flight in my own 30 acre back yard is denied by DJI without significant hoop-jumping for every flight.

I managed to obtain for my previous Mini 2 a "Custom Unlock" that freed me of this for a year, but changes to the application procedure have thwarted current attempts.

The button on the right wasn’t coming up. All was there was a button that took me to the map of the zone area. Once the button became available, it led my to the check boxes for me to confirm I am qualified and permitted to fly in the zone.

9ADF6198-2FAF-4D01-8CD0-4F46483EBA54.jpeg

Reactions: GFields
I'm wondering if because the latest firmware for the air 2s enables remote id that the serial number appears a little different after that (though the original serial number without the remote id prefix would remain the same).

Glad it’s all sorted. I just hope my MA2 is OK when we go to the States next year. Everything up to date on RC and craft. I don’t have a smart controller though so maybe a help (or hinderance)!

Reactions: GFields
droneXfactor on YouTube said it best. Allow 107 holders to upload their license and in turn remove all DJI restrictions allowing us to file for LAANC and manage it ourselves and take the responsibility. I mean, we do look first to see if we are allowed, we dont need an additional layer.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser