DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air2s Active track pushed to limit then crashes

So, your travel speed is a restriction it seems. The faster you travel the faster the drone has to go to keep up with you, and therefore has to make decisions on avoiding obstacles faster, leading to errors? Or does it stop and think about the obstacle and how to avoid it, then speed up to catch up to you? Does it always try to stay at the distance it was from you when you started the active track?

When there were dense overhead branches it seemed sensible to slow down to let drone work out route
maybe one day I could go a max speed but I think that might be quite a few years away

I guess that one should expect to find the limit when pushing for the limit.
Actually, the Air 2s did an amazing job until pushed to the crash limit.
In reality, when pushing to the limit a second person should be monitoring the controls to take over when the automated system is ready to fail.
I guess your planned back up is Care Refresh.

Last edited:
Maybe I am strange but I can not understand people deliberately testing the limitations of OA, your going to cross those limits at some point.
I don't even really trust it with an M2P flying forwards, towards an unmissable brick wall, at slow speed, in broad day light and that's with me watching the drone.

Reactions: FLDave
Forget the drone - I’m impressed with the riding at your age (no offence intended, I’d like to do that). I also have a Skydio for just such uses - fit for purpose. Glad no major damage.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d