DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aircraft Antenna Mod

Don't think so. That actually would be better cause you could go from orig connector to booster to orig antenna. Just need 2 small cables to the power leads.

I am going to get a pair of these each:
Amazon.com: onelinkmore RF Connector Pigtail Cable SMA Female Bulkhead to Ufl./ipx Extension Cable 1.13 Cable 5cm Pack of 2: Computers & Accessories
Amazon.com: Pigtail: U.FL Male to U.FL Female - 3 inches: Computers & Accessories
And extend the factory antennas externally to loop through the amps.

Reactions: Masa and henry3063
are the antennas for wifi same as flying with rc?

I've got a lot of good results with this Omnidirectional antenna:
(you do not need a matching pair for this antenna)

Mavic, that is sweet! Thank you for the reference, I will definitely try this out.

How the heck did you get the handle "Mavic" :)

Reactions: Flying Images
I've got a lot of good results with this Omnidirectional antenna:
(you do not need a matching pair for this antenna)

And how would you characterize this antenna (i.e. circular polarization, linear, etc) ?

are the antennas for wifi same as flying with rc?

I have tested a half dozen 2.4 Wifi antennas and they all perform as expected with the Mavic. The amp's you are using are also designed for Wifi half duplex operation. Many amp's do not operate this way for continuous carrier. I would suspect that the mavic has some streamlined and stripped down version of the 802.11 protocol (pure speculation at this point).

Reactions: mrreddog
That looks like it!
@beanbubba ..you just HAVE to put a cable from the back to a booster on top with antenna screwed directly on the booster. Can be fed by the battery clip or small 1 amp output powerbank.

Maklak, can you figure out the power situation and solution for the sunhams and if they can be powered by the battery clip XT60 port? I don't have my amp's yet to check connectors/volts/amps/etc.

Maklak, can you figure out the power situation and solution for the sunhams and if they can be powered by the battery clip XT60 port? I don't have my amp's yet to check connectors/volts/amps/etc.

some people choose to use the 3S battery for the amps rather than the 11.1 V blue Chinese batteries. There should be no problem hooking the amp straight up to the Mavic. same voltage

What motormouth said. I ve been running these amps successfully with a 3s lipo. The LiHv should be all good.
Love the work you're doin'.
Just curious @sprtbkrydr , @beanbubba , @dirtybum, @CyberNate .
Which fw versions are you running currently?

@MotorBikeSportMouthRider seems appropriate :)

You can just barely fit the 4x RPSMA female bulkhead adapters in the mavic wifi radio space (now evacuated).

drone-range-test-58.png

If I was to do this all over again, I would have placed in a square formation instead of a diamond. There is a tiny amount of extra room in the square formation.

@MotorBikeSportMouthRider seems appropriate :)

You can just barely fit the 4x RPSMA female bulkhead adapters in the mavic wifi radio space (now evacuated).

View attachment 16818

If I was to do this all over again, I would have placed in a square formation instead of a diamond. There is a tiny amount of extra room in the square formation.
Now you got me wondering just how you plan to pull this off!:)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet