DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aircraft disconnected from app not remote

realitycheck

Reactions
So I flew my mavic for the first time today. I flew twice. I kept getting aircraft disconnected messages from the app. Video would go out sometimes it would just show whatever was last on the screen and just say aircraft disconnected at the top. I never lost connection with the drone from RC. I tried disconnecting my usb from phone and back up no change. One time I had to reboot app and it worked then it did it again. Sometimes it would just fix it self and come back on. I had the phone connected through the usb on the back of the RC. I am using a Samsung Galaxy s5. What am I doing wrong?

Reactions: Former Member
Yeah, I was using the full size usb port on the bottom I had seen on a video that you should always use that port. I will try a different cable next time and see what happens. Thanks, Thunderdrones.

I had that disconnected also. It would not connect to mavic the first time I hooked it up because the micro usb was still connected unplugged it and connected to mavic.
One more question, I just watched the footage and it jumps when the aircraft is moving it's not a smooth video feed. Is there something I need to do to change this like not cache the video on my phone at the same time or could this be from the disconnecting. It was footage stright from the sd card.

Only other device I have is another samsung galaxy s5 my wifes. I have an ipad mini but turns out its an original mini not compatible. Weird to me the video is smooth on the phone but not from the sd card though.

Only other device I have is another samsung galaxy s5 my wifes. I have an ipad mini but turns out its an original mini not compatible. Weird to me the video is smooth on the phone but not from the sd card though.

Might be something about your SD card. I would reformat it and see if it still happens.

Reactions: realitycheck
If your device keeps disconnecting and it’s using cellular for internet connection. Try setting to 3G before opening GO app and flying see if that helps. Otherwise use aircraft mode on the device after caching the maps.

If your device keeps disconnecting and it’s using cellular for internet connection. Try setting to 3G before opening GO app and flying see if that helps. Otherwise use aircraft mode on the device after caching the maps.
Actually, I'm having the same problem with my brand new MavicPro using an iPhone 6s. I've tried the "Airplane" mode solution and it does not work.

It happens frequently during flight. I've discovered that pulling the connector from the left side of the controller and then replacing it will reconnect the app to the controller; temporarily. This suggests that if the problem is related to connections, the issue is with the cable or the controller. I've swapped the cable with my son's (he also has a mavic). This did not solve the issue which narrows down any connection issue to the controller itself.

At this point, I've narrowed down the problem to a few possibilities:
  • Firmware on the Controller
  • The side port on the Controller
  • Something glitchy on the phone in how it runs the app (although I've done a full reset on the phone, deleted and reinstalled the app, and tested the phone port)
Using the full sized USB port on the RC does work. However, having a lightning cable sticking into the palm of my left hand instead of using the controller as it was designed is an unacceptable solution. Basically, the setup has never worked on a spanking new system. I'm loathe to send the whole package back to the Amazon seller just to replace the controller, but I'm even less inclined to tough it out on a brand new $1400 purchase.

My hope is to find that it is firmware related and will be fixed soon. However, the impression I'm getting from this and other forums leads me to believe it will be a long time before a satisfactory explanation will surface.

Same issues here using Samsung 5 my daily phone, I do set in Airplane mode, WI-FI off, & last night she showing image just fine, about 680 meters out, lost image, Oh Jeez, I can just see her enough to realize I still have control, unplug, plug in & image comes back, fly home. Happens on the 3 short flights ,over & over.
Just unacceptable to be safe,
By the way- If I hook up to my Nividia Shield, which I have to have a friend hold while I;m flying as shield is to big to fit Mavic RC. Shield gives-gorgeous images, absolutely no lag, no drop outs & the shield screen size gives so much more confidence flying.
I;m assuming its the processor, size of memory? In case you haven't realized, I;m a bit computer illiterate!

I had this harrowing experience today.

It first happened shortly after I took off - about 15 meter up, the iPhone 6x Plus screen just went black, saying "disconnected". No feed. I took her down, unplugged the phone then plugged it back again. Video feed resumed and I flew the short mission that I was planning to fly. (I read this thread before I even bough Mavic, when doing information gathering, so I was morally prepared)

Shortly thereafter, on another flight, I was 100m up and 300m away over water when the screen went black again. 1st thing to do: do not panic. I could see on the RC that I still had a strong signal, so I initiated RTH from the RC and she came home.

I then took the cable out and cleaned the terminals with a clean cloth, then blew hard into the iPhone's lightning plug opening, connected and went back into the air. The problem did not appear again, even after additional 40 minutes of flight.

It's unnerving when the app disconnects, and when you barely see the drone it adds to the stress.

The problem seems to stem from poor contact between the included cable and the phone, as cleaning the contact helped.

One thing that I am going to add to my pre-flight check list: clean the connector and use a small lens blower on the phones connector opening.

I had this harrowing experience today.

It first happened shortly after I took off - about 15 meter up, the iPhone 6x Plus screen just went black, saying "disconnected". No feed. I took her down, unplugged the phone then plugged it back again. Video feed resumed and I flew the short mission that I was planning to fly. (I read this thread before I even bough Mavic, when doing information gathering, so I was morally prepared)

Shortly thereafter, on another flight, I was 100m up and 300m away over water when the screen went black again. 1st thing to do: do not panic. I could see on the RC that I still had a strong signal, so I initiated RTH from the RC and she came home.

I then took the cable out and cleaned the terminals with a clean cloth, then blew hard into the iPhone's lightning plug opening, connected and went back into the air. The problem did not appear again, even after additional 40 minutes of flight.

It's unnerving when the app disconnects, and when you barely see the drone it adds to the stress.

The problem seems to stem from poor contact between the included cable and the phone, as cleaning the contact helped.

One thing that I am going to add to my pre-flight check list: clean the connector and use a small lens blower on the phones connector opening.
I have just started to experience this after updating firmware to .100, has never happened before, I pressed RTH but nothing happened, app was disconnected and I had no info on phone screen (signals etc) closed app, reopened and all ok, but it keeps happening on every flight I do now !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman