DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aircraft Disconnected - tried the usual

KrisInPNW

Reactions
A few weeks ago I was flying my M2P above a river. I guess the sensors freaked out because it took off at high speed, stopped responding to controls, hit a tree and fell in the water. :(

I let it dry out and the camera worked. So I let it dry longer. Next time I tried it - Aircraft Disconnected. I sent it to DJI along with video of the whole thing. They were HORRIBLE! First they didn't even look at the video (I had it as a private link on YouTube). Then they watched 20 seconds of it - the crash happened 2:30 into the video. Anyways - they wanted $1,600 to "fix" it. I told them that was crazy and just ship it back to me.

So I got it back today. Still the same issue. Everything powers up. Gimbal does its checks. Remote connects to it. But he app just reads "Aircraft Disconnected".

Any ideas? Or does it go on eBay for parts???

Thanks!!!

I am puzzled about why you say "Remote connects to it. But he app just reads "Aircraft Disconnected".
Does the drone respond to any of the controller inputs? Are you certain the app says "Aircraft Disconnected"
Did you try relinking the controller and the drone?
If the drone responds to the controller have you tried another phone?
Is not $1600 near the price of a new M2P in the USA?

There's a syncing method where pressing the button on the aircraft turns an indicator light red as it attempts to connect to the controller. I can complete this successfully so the controller believes it has connected to the aircraft (ie. the "Connecting..." message on the controller disappears). Yet the DJI Go 4 app still has the red banner with white text displaying "Aircraft Disconnected" on the top left of the display.

Yes, the drone price is basically $1,600 new in the USA. I was EXTREMELY disappointed with DJI. Given the footage it was clearly not pilot error. :(

There's a syncing method where pressing the button on the aircraft turns an indicator light red as it attempts to connect to the controller. I can complete this successfully so the controller believes it has connected to the aircraft (ie. the "Connecting..." message on the controller disappears). Yet the DJI Go 4 app still has the red banner with white text displaying "Aircraft Disconnected" on the top left of the display.

Yes, the drone price is basically $1,600 new in the USA. I was EXTREMELY disappointed with DJI. Given the footage it was clearly not pilot error. :(
For the moment ignore the app.

So you are linking the drone and controller using the 4 button presses on the controller and the little button on the drone, is that correct? Yes or no.
When the controller connects can you start the motors, (if you are concerned that you might lose control and 'crash' remove the props before you start so that the drone can not fly) or does the drone respond to any of the setable buttons on controller or the gimbal pitch wheel? Yes or no.
If so, then with the app showing the red banner does the drone still respond to the controller? Yes or no.

If you want an analysis of what caused the crash then you will need to provide the fllight logs for the crash flight, see Mavic Flight Log Retrieval and Analysis Guide or the instructions given on DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help

Note, If you are using an RC1B controller then I doubt you will have DAT files on your phone. If you have an RC1A controller then you should have both the DAT and txt logs on your phone. I do not know the situation with regards to a Smart Controller.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not doing any button presses on the controller - once I turn it on, turn on the drone and press the connect button on the drone it connects. What is the 4 button presses?

OK, I found the process for the 4 buttons. Tried it with the exact same result. Interestingly the icon on the top right of the controller shows the controller icon and then 5 lines with a vertical line cycling across them like it's still trying to connect to something.

When I manually relink the drone and the controller I see the controller's connection strength display cycling through its bar chart. From memory the drone's rear LED's flash fast yellow. When the link is established I get the two leaning-in side bars on the controller's display lighting up in their stages and then the flight mode is displayed. The drone's rear LEDs switch to green flashing for me.

Does your relinking process successfully complete?

I don't get ANY lights on the drone itself. And all I get on the controller is the battery percentage and the icons I mentioned above on the top right.

Also trying to get the drone to show in DJI assistant and not getting anything from it.

I had an issue once with the lead from controller to phone, apparently the socket in controller gets is easily stuffed and, i changed to using a USB from contoller to phone and solved the problem

I had an issue once with the lead from controller to phone, apparently the socket in controller gets is easily stuffed and, i changed to using a USB from contoller to phone and solved the problem
Good suggestion. I've had a lot of disconnect issues with the OEM lead. Not so much since I use a good quality lead in the USB socket under the screen.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent