DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aircraft disconnected

Boomtastic

Reactions
I was flying my Mavic Pro doing a house inspection. Then launched it into the sky when my Galaxsy s7 edge said "aircraft Disconnected". Video feed was gone. Thankfully the remote still worked and I was able to orient the bird and bring her home.

Does anyone know what caused this? RC was still connected via usb to phone.

Also to note, the flight log stops where it disconnected. Even though it flew for another 30 seconds to get home.

I was under the impression that there were issues with the Android version of the app where disconnects are more common than on iOS?

I also seem to recall reading somewhere that the S7 has issues? May be worth a google.

I had to stop using my Galaxy for that reason, and a couple more.
I think Mavic it's user friendly with Apple; galaxy not so much...

So my understanding is there are two types of "disconnected" messages that the Go 4 app reports:
"Aircraft Disconnected" indicates that the link between the remote controller and the aircraft is down.
"Disconnected" by itself indicates that the link between the Go 4 app and the remote controller (over the USB cable) is down.

The OP has reported the former, i.e. the RF link between the remote controller and the Mavic is what's not working. Go 4 may indeed have issues working with some Samsung phones, but I would expect that to manifest itself as a loss of the app <--> controller link, not the controller <--> aircraft link. I find it especially odd that the video link went down but the control link remained intact.

I have experienced similar (though not identical) weirdness with my MPP. Still trying to get to the bottom of it.

FWIW, my phone is a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge and for the most part it has been solid. The app has never crashed on me, but there was one instance where the controller stopped talking to the app and the controller needed to be power-cycled. :confused:

The link between AC and RC was still ok, because he flew it home. The video feed was gone. I've had this on the Tab A since .18 The app really doesn't like Android any more. I've now rooted the Tablet and rolled way back to .09 I think. My LE3 x626 phone works fine with the latest version.

So my understanding is there are two types of "disconnected" messages that the Go 4 app reports:
"Aircraft Disconnected" indicates that the link between the remote controller and the aircraft is down.
"Disconnected" by itself indicates that the link between the Go 4 app and the remote controller (over the USB cable) is down.

The OP has reported the former, i.e. the RF link between the remote controller and the Mavic is what's not working. Go 4 may indeed have issues working with some Samsung phones, but I would expect that to manifest itself as a loss of the app <--> controller link, not the controller <--> aircraft link. I find it especially odd that the video link went down but the control link remained intact.

The OP appears to have had an issue with the app. They said the RC stayed connected, only the app disconnected.

The day before I got the same issue with Samsung Note 8. Did go after a hill and lost connection with the MPP, both the remote and the phone. Remote reconnected quite fast back, but the app refused to do so. I closed and reopened the app without luck. I believe you have to unplug the phone and restart then.
Dji Go 4 / 4.2.4

I've had about 4 hours over 20 flights and this was the first time it happened.

After digging deeper, two main things showed up. Could be a bad cable right off the bat. One solution may be to close the app, unplug both sides of the cable and plug back in.

I turned the controller and mavic off after landing but kept the phone plugged in. When turning it all back on, the phone still didn't connect. Next step was to disconnect the cable and shut everything down. That brought back the feed.

I will be testing the original cable/set up. If it happens again within an hour of flight time, I'll switch to a new cable and see if that resolves the issue.

I’m getting this error since 3 days ago when I installed the latest firmware version to MP. I’m using an iPhone 7+ so the issue is not with Android/Samsung. DJI did something wrong on update.

I'm getting this same issue since last December. I thought it would be a djigo4 update, but even after downgrading it, the error continue. I'm going to try a new cable, pluging in the USB port and see what happens.

For what it's worth I had the same exact issue yesterday. I wasn't in the air more than 3-4 mins and received the aircraft disconnected notification. It freaked me out as I've never had that happen before. I lost the video feed but the aircraft responded to inputs from the remote. I was able to fly it back to me manually, packed it up and called it a day. I'm running a Galaxy S7 also.

Just recently started having this problem using IPad Mini4. Tried a different USB cable and same results. Looking forward to the solution!

Mine did it again the other day as I was testing out Deploydrone over my house. Aircraft disconnected. I looked up and it was still parked 150' over my backyard. Rebooted the app and it wouldn't connect. Pulled the side plug, rebooted the app, nothing. Pulled the side plug, closed the app, rebooted the phone (S7) and nothing. It took landing the Mavic, removing the battery and firing it back up to reconnect. Haven't had an issue since but it's not a good feeling, at least it was over my backyard this time when it happened.

Same here after last updates. iOS 11.2.6 running on iPhone X. Yesterday on sky for 10 minutes and I had for several times, 5-6 times my iPhone shows “Aircaft Disconnected”. Same parameters and presets than a month. What re you doing DJI? :(

I came on here today looking for answers to the same problem. Iphone 7+.
I had it on the ground, everything fine, and suddenly aircraft disconnected. Turned off controller, restarted, and it connected. Took it up into the air, everything fine, and so I flew it about 200 yards away from me when it disconnected again mid flight.
RF connection was fine as I brought it back with ease. But this is a big problem. I have been in many situations where I wouldnt have been able to bring it home without this viewer.

I havent really played with RTH yet cause.... im scared. But there is always that lol.

UPDATED INFO: My problem is "iPhone X". There isn't a compatible device yet to fly with my Mavic Pro. I need to wait future updates to make iPhone X a compatible device with DJI.

Last edited:
I came on here today looking for answers to the same problem. Iphone 7+.
I had it on the ground, everything fine, and suddenly aircraft disconnected. Turned off controller, restarted, and it connected. Took it up into the air, everything fine, and so I flew it about 200 yards away from me when it disconnected again mid flight.
RF connection was fine as I brought it back with ease. But this is a big problem. I have been in many situations where I wouldnt have been able to bring it home without this viewer.

I havent really played with RTH yet cause.... im scared. But there is always that lol.
Finally tried return to home. Massive failure lol.

So, looking your comments maybe is not a problem of my iPhone X compatibility, is a problem with the last update. Support team DJI tell me before knows about my iPhone X, that I meed to send my unit to repair......

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito