DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

AIRCRAFT DISCONNECTED

Crusader14

Reactions
Hi Everyone. I was flying my M2 zoom yesterday. Flat unobstructed countryside. Drone about 300 ft away at around 100ft. Message on the iPhone display “aircraft disconnected” red background. I flew back and landed. Switched off drone and controller and restarted. Worked fine after that.
Happened once before.
Any ideas guys?

Antennae oriented properly? With flat sides facing the aircraft?

How did you fly back? Was the iPhone just disconntected from the controller, and the controller still worked, or did it do an automatic return to home? If the former, I've had less trouble like that with my M2P since I purchased a better cord to connect the controller to my phone.

Well I think the phone disconnected from the controller. I had full control of the drone and flew it back myself. I recently had to replace the iPhone remote controller cable (because I broke off the lightning connector) but I used a genuine DJi replacement.

Before I flew it back I did just check the cable was fully connected but it made no difference.

any thoughts?

I had similar problems and read somewhere that the dji cable is not that great. Can't remember where I read it, but in any case I bought a new cable that goes to the controller's USB port and that seems to be better. That other thing that I read (in the same unremembered place) was that disconnections can occur because of a firmware mismatch. I updated the firmware on all three of my batteries, and maybe that helped.

I find that the lightning plug end of many cables are fickle as can be, particularly with my iPhone.

I have good luck with Anker. They make 6 inch with a right angle on the lightening end. Amazon has ‘em.]

Reactions: OBSALAM
I thought it was Anker, but no.

Attachments

• 23E98048-8276-4853-8E1E-AB98799B7EDC.png
    23E98048-8276-4853-8E1E-AB98799B7EDC.png
    297.9 KB · Views: 21
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads