DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aircraft Orientation Indicator Missing

Ken J Schmidt

Reactions
Hi All

The aircraft orientation indicator disappeared from my display last week.

I do not want to start a discussion about the possible reasons and fixes for this as I am aware it has been discussed ad nauseum.

All I want to know is am I the only one or have we all lost it.

It happened before I installed the new FC V01.01.0610. last night and it has not reappeared after I installed this update.

Yip, that's the one.

I'll watch that video tonight, thanks Peshoa.
Unfortunately, if you want that indicator back you will have to rollback firmware. Have a look at this video and see if you like the new one. It's hidden at first and this video will show you where.

Reactions: rcookie
No doubt people hate change.

One less thing to distract you.

It sounds like i'm going to be in the minority here, i flew today
using the new orientation indicator (or flew without the old one)
after updating the fly app and i thought it worked well. It told me
the drones position in relation to the controller, indicated north
and in general appeared to work well. Yes it's more complicated
than the old one but once you get accustomed to it, all seems good. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
It is definitely better and more useful than the previous ridiculous indicator. It is scary, how many droners find the new indicator useless...this only shows how far away they are from the correct piloting. Even Hubsan Zino uses similar indicator and we all know that Hubsan is not so good drones producer. DJI has prove itself like the best brand all over the world and i believe that they understand what they are doing. But no, some one is coming and say - the new indicator is sooo stupid...really???

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: volition
It is definitely better and more useful than the previous ridiculous indicator. It is scary, how many droners find the new indicator useless...this only shows how far away they are from the correct piloting. Even Hubsan Zino uses similar indicator and we all know that Hubsan is not so good drones producer. DJI has prove itself like the best brand all over the world and i believe that they understand what they are doing. But no, some one is coming and say - the new indicator is sooo stupid...really???
Yes, Really!!

Reactions: Sjkieffer
It sounds like i'm going to be in the minority here, i flew today
using the new orientation indicator (or flew without the old one)
after updating the fly app and i thought it worked well. It told me
the drones position in relation to the controller, indicated north
and in general appeared to work well. Yes it's more complicated
than the old one but once you get accustomed to it, all seems good. ?

I like the new one too. it shows more information.

I can see why others don’t like it though. The old one did what we wanted for the most part. “Which way is it pointed in relation to me” in a simple way.

they have changed the relationship of the indicators. It sort of like “start using the mouse with your left hand, it’s better!” Takes some getting used to and has some benefits (I.e. use right hand to write whilst using mouse)
“But I was fine with my right hand and you give me no choice now. You suck!” Understandable.

I’m happy to keep using it till my brain forgets the old one and adjusts I think it will be for the better eventually. Just sucks at the moment whilst working it out.

I like the new one too. it shows more information.

I can see why others don’t like it though. The old one did what we wanted for the most part. “Which way is it pointed in relation to me” in a simple way.

they have changed the relationship of the indicators. It sort of like “start using the mouse with your left hand, it’s better!” Takes some getting used to and has some benefits (I.e. use right hand to write whilst using mouse)
“But I was fine with my right hand and you give me no choice now. You suck!” Understandable.

I’m happy to keep using it till my brain forgets the old one and adjusts I think it will be for the better eventually. Just sucks at the moment whilst working it out.
Yes, I just don’t use the new indicator, and I’m pretty used to not having one at this point.

I like it. Easy to switch around and the Attitude indicator is very useful for wind direction

Reactions: Howard70
Yes, I just don’t use the new indicator, and I’m pretty used to not having one at this point.
I understand your feeling with the new indicator, I struggled with it at first as well
but if you persevere with it and forget the old one it starts to make sense.

The new attitude indicator would be far more useful if the blue dot (RC) and it's associated RC direction bug was placed ON TOP of the HP indicator. The way it works now is just the opposite and once the aircraft flies out 100m the RC direction bug is completely blocked by the HP indicator which then makes it useless.

For me, the blue arrow indicating where you are pointing the controller is a bit hard to see. Make that more prominent and then I will be fine with the new one.

First time out I really didn't like it. After a few flights it has grown on me and I think I actually prefer it.
However,
I think it would be better if it was located where its used be.
Also I find it to be too small.

Reactions: RMS001
Thanks for the help guys. I found it and I have had a look at it. We have had solid rain all day today so I haven't flown with it. I have watched some videos on how it works and I really like what I see. It appears to be a great upgrade on the old one.

Reactions: RMS001
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J