DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aircraft storage insufficient

Safewaves

Reactions
Pretty new to forum stuff so forgive me. Also pretty new to drones.. I have an Enterprise zoom and working out the speaker use was easy enough to record and playback audio from the controller. But i want to upload a "Shark Alarm" to it ( I have a water safety service / Lifeguarding). I have got an MP3 file now on both the sd card in the drone and also the one in the smart controller. I can see the file is there and even play it back (out of the controller). But if i try and upload audio, i see the file right there, select it, and then i get a message that the "aircraft storage is insufficient". I went into the settings /storage section and there appears to be heaps of room for what is only 698kb clip. Any ideas?

Reactions: Dronage
Pretty new to forum stuff so forgive me. Also pretty new to drones.. I have an Enterprise zoom and working out the speaker use was easy enough to record and playback audio from the controller. But i want to upload a "Shark Alarm" to it ( I have a water safety service / Lifeguarding). I have got an MP3 file now on both the sd card in the drone and also the one in the smart controller. I can see the file is there and even play it back (out of the controller). But if i try and upload audio, i see the file right there, select it, and then i get a message that the "aircraft storage is insufficient". I went into the settings /storage section and there appears to be heaps of room for what is only 698kb clip. Any ideas?

The only thing I can think of is you might be trying to access the internal storage on the drone, not the SD card?

The only thing I can think of is you might be trying to access the internal storage on the drone, not the SD card?
Thanks W2csa, I went into settings / storage settings on my smart controller and the default storage is set as SD Card..

A few bits of info - internal shared storage is 872Mb used of 11.24GB
Portable storage says sd card 147MB used of 29.32GB (it has a "formatting" and "pop up" in blue near that)

Does this mean anything?

You might just try to convert the MP3 using a different codec with a different compression ratio.
That may be all that is needed.

Phantomrain.org
coal

Alternatively, play back the Shark Alarm independently, and use the record function to record it like a live recording, which you have had success with. Not sure the speaker playback supports recordings not recorded by your device.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000