DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

AirData install on RC Pro Controller

Recoveryone

Reactions
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Will this work if you hook up a RC2 controller to a PC, transfer the install file over to the RC2 and then run the file?

I followed AirData's instructions and it installed just fine on my RC Pro. The app can directly upload my flight data logs to AirData's server whenever I am connected to my house WiFi and seems to work just fine.

Will this work if you hook up a RC2 controller to a PC, transfer the install file over to the RC2 and then run the file?

how would you run the file? seeing as how it launches the app, is there a way to exit the app?

If you are referring to the install, from my computer. When connected to the controller, I can see every file on the controller using explorer.

Yes i know that i asked how, once you have copied the file would you access it to install it, with a phone you go into the download folder etc and run it from there

I tried from my RC2 to surface pro 7 laptop. I had no access. RC2 not supported file transfer.

I tried from my RC2 to surface pro 7 laptop. I had no access. RC2 not supported file transfer.
I stand corrected. I successfully uploaded my .txt flight log files. Apparently, my USB connection was not tight. I switched out cables; works perfectly. I wish there was a better way to do this.

Yes i know that i asked how, once you have copied the file would you access it to install it, with a phone you go into the download folder etc and run it from there
Tether the controller to a computer. For example, with Windows, you can then read all the files on the drone. Do the install from there. The real question is whether the program is compatible with the controller's OS.

Tether the controller to a computer. For example, with Windows, you can then read all the files on the drone. Do the install from there. The real question is whether the program is compatible with the controller's OS.

So you are saying that with windows showing the files of the RC2 you are somehow able to install and app on the RC2??

from my limited knowledge the only 2 ways to install and app is to physically go to the file on the device (phone RC2 etc) and tap it to run it, something you cant do on the RC2 as you have no local access to the file sturcture folders, or via ADB command but as you cant enable ADB on the RC2 you cant do that either, or am i missing something here

So you are saying that with windows showing the files of the RC2 you are somehow able to install and app on the RC2??

from my limited knowledge the only 2 ways to install and app is to physically go to the file on the device (phone RC2 etc) and tap it to run it, something you cant do on the RC2 as you have no local access to the file sturcture folders, or via ADB command but as you cant enable ADB on the RC2 you cant do that either, or am i missing something here
What I said was if you tether the controller to a Windows computer, you can see all the files in the controller's android operating system. You can also transfer files back and forth between the two systems (it's how I down load my logs). If you can do that, why couldn't you upload the app file to the controller and run it, like you would an .exe file on a computer? You will note in my original post, I did not say I had done it, I asked if it would work.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DvrkDrone