DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

AirMap or UFLY?

I like AIRMAP.

I don't really have a reason why I like it.

I think back when I tried the other one, it was outdated and didn't work properly.

But it's been revamped since the FAA partnered up with Kittyhawk so it's probably worth a second look now.

Thanks, as I am beginner and downloaded B4UFLY, because it was on FAA website, so thought more reliable, but lots of people have different opinion and experience.

Reactions: Steel63
I use both Airmap and Kittyhawk. If I am flying in a familiar location, my home primarily, I just check local weather conditions on UAV Forecast.

Last edited:
I use Airpmap and find it helpful for my use. Loads easily, has enough detail, and my favorite flyings spaces are open for flight. Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

B4UFLY is basically a stripped down version of Kittyhawk (Kittyhawk's developer re-wrote the B4UFLY app for the government). But B4UFLY doesn't let you submit LAANC requests for airspace authorization, so if you desire that ability, you might as well just use Kittyhawk and have a full featured app.

I also like Airmap better. Less cluttered.
There was a report or two of a denied authorization with Airmap that should have been approved, but was successful with Kittyhawk.

You can submit requests for up to 90 days in advance and up to 6 active approvals.
What I don't like is how to select a different location than you are at now. I only was able to do it by moving each corner of the square rather than clicking on the map where I will be.

Reactions: MA2 317 and Steel63
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair