DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Airsense not working after latest fw update?

So after some recent flights, it seems that AirSense works "sometimes" One day I'll get regular warnings, but the next day I won't, even with multiple "observed" plane overflights.

After the 1.5.9 update, AirSense is working for me again. But now photos are not copying to my "Photos" on my iPhone. :(
Should read "After the 1.5.9 update, AirSense is working for me again. But now photos are not automatically copying to my "Photos" on my iPhone. Manually downloading via the FLY App menu, works.

Should read "After the 1.5.9 update, AirSense is working for me again. But now photos are not automatically copying to my "Photos" on my iPhone. Manually downloading via the FLY App menu, works.
Been following this thread for a while because I'm having the same issue with my M3 and just noticed your in Forney. I'm in Rockwall.

Been following this thread for a while because I'm having the same issue with my M3 and just noticed your in Forney. I'm in Rockwall.
Cool - I'm originally form Denver but been in Forney going on 19 years

Reactions: Gunfighter420
Look What I found!

AirSense threshold setting:

AirSense Settings.png

I moved it to "Low, Medium, High Collision Risk" We'll see how that effects the number of alerts that I get. :)

Please advise if you found anything different with that setting. I found that a number of days back and set mine to low,med and high. Still had no alerts with plenty of overhead traffic.

That is in the maps section. Touch on maps, then to the right you will see the settings there.

Please advise if you found anything different with that setting. I found that a number of days back and set mine to low,med and high. Still had no alerts with plenty of overhead traffic.
I will experiment with it tomorrow.

I posted the below questions to the Official GPS Issues post and will ask here as well.
So I was thinking. Could the owners of the Mavic 3 that are having GPS issues also be getting Airsense not working issues? I know my Airsense does not work as well. Are those that are getting faster lock times like between 1/3 minutes also have Airsense working?
Could this be a related bug only affecting certain drones?
Can people who are having the very long GPS wait time also confirm if they have fully working Airsense?
It might be a long shot but if these 2 bugs are happening to some and not all, they maybe related.

Reactions: TonyPHX
I posted the below questions to the Official GPS Issues post and will ask here as well.
So I was thinking. Could the owners of the Mavic 3 that are having GPS issues also be getting Airsense not working issues? I know my Airsense does not work as well. Are those that are getting faster lock times like between 1/3 minutes also have Airsense working?
Could this be a related bug only affecting certain drones?
Can people who are having the very long GPS wait time also confirm if they have fully working Airsense?
It might be a long shot but if these 2 bugs are happening to some and not all, they maybe related.
Never say never right? You may be on to something. At the very least we know that we have two things not working well currently on the M3 with .500

Reactions: Suren
I have seen that on the DJI forum - I am pretty sure they went too far bc it doesnt work at all imo!
I saw it there as well and find it insanely funny. It is so improved that you could never even prove that it is actually working!

If I'm not mistaken when flying my Air2s it worked well on there and when you expand the map it shows the distance how far away the aircrafts are as well but Does not work on M3 **scared face**lol

Hi All, Sorry for the delayed update - On my 1.5 hours of flying on Sunday the 12th, I was getting AirSense alerts with my DJI Fly/Mavic Air 2 combination.

I wasn't getting it on every plane, but still quite regularly.

Where I fly, (On the weekends) planes are flying overhead every few min.

This area is also on the edge of a Controlled Airspace:

B4YOUFLY Forney Community Park_375x667.png

Hi All, Sorry for the delayed update - On my 1.5 hours of flying on Sunday the 12th, I was getting AirSense alerts with my DJI Fly/Mavic Air 2 combination.

I wasn't getting it on every plane, but still quite regularly.

Where I fly, (On the weekends) planes are flying overhead every few min.

This area is also on the edge of a Controlled Airspace:

View attachment 143947
Now if we could just have this working on the M3, all would be great.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Flew yesterday with the setting mentioned above, with the DJI RC Pro. Before the update the controller would go crazy with information and alerts for aircraft. Yesterday, I was flying in controlled airspace with planes fly very close with no alerts. I am connected to the internet. Please see photo.....

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    2.4 MB · Views: 13
Flew yesterday with the setting mentioned above, with the DJI RC Pro. Before the update the controller would go crazy with information and alerts for aircraft. Yesterday, I was flying in controlled airspace with planes fly very close with no alerts. I am connected to the internet. Please see photo.....
That one is definitely not flying VFR without a flight plan, so it had a transponder and should have shown up.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdevyview