DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Airsense not working after latest fw update?

Yes , I was thinking maybe the plane that passed over did not have it but it should have , so yes , it was working so nice before that . I really liked seeing where it was on the Map. I think they forgot to code it. lol.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to Fly the M3 in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Looks like DJI thinks they “improved” AirSense and its current non working state is an improvement. 😕

Attachments

• E991B1F0-7B5D-44C1-BA66-BB9CA0933AC8.jpeg
    E991B1F0-7B5D-44C1-BA66-BB9CA0933AC8.jpeg
    190.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: zeusfl and Suren
Not sure what the radius is for Airsense but when it worked (and before I turned it off) I found it alerted incessantly. I get it. LA is a busy place but unless an aircraft is within 0.5 miles and getting closer, there's no point in telling me about it.

Is not working currently.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I don't know how close they think a plane should be, but when I'm looking up and the plane passes DIRECTLY over the drone, I would think that would be close enough. Also had a Helecopter go right over the treeline in the opposite direction. No alert.

I absolutely don't want to be warned about every plane in the Raleigh area, but I am just outside RDU International airspace and Airplanes swing overhead fairly often and fairly low either to line up for landing or doing a go around. These wouldn't be below 1000 feet, but look **** low because of size.

It's the small airplanes cruising really low for whatever reason and helicopters absolutely at collision level altitude that I worry about. I was flying my Autel Evo 2 Pro last year over a Southeastern Seminary last year, at 220 ft. altitude (67 meters) when I heard, then almost immediately saw a Helecopter flying at similar altitude fly within perhaps 300 feet horizontally of my drone. 91 meters. I was so shaken, I packed up and went home.

That was when I began to value ADS-B or Airsense.

how do you get air sense to work.

do you have to setup it?

I don't know how close they think a plane should be, but when I'm looking up and the plane passes DIRECTLY over the drone, I would think that would be close enough. Also had a Helecopter go right over the treeline in the opposite direction. No alert.

I absolutely don't want to be warned about every plane in the Raleigh area, but I am just outside RDU International airspace and Airplanes swing overhead fairly often and fairly low either to line up for landing or doing a go around. These wouldn't be below 1000 feet, but look **** low because of size.

It's the small airplanes cruising really low for whatever reason and helicopters absolutely at collision level altitude that I worry about. I was flying my Autel Evo 2 Pro last year over a Southeastern Seminary last year, at 220 ft. altitude (67 meters) when I heard, then almost immediately saw a Helecopter flying at similar altitude fly within perhaps 300 feet horizontally of my drone. 91 meters. I was so shaken, I packed up and went home.

That was when I began to value ADS-B or Airsense.
I hope you report that it is broken to DJI. The more that report, the better.

you know, it's not like this is all or nothing... the warning could be far less obnoxious and intrusive, perhaps escalating based on range.

I fly many construction sites near and adjacent to airports, and had turned it off due to nonstop alerts.

I am flying a job on airport property this weekend, will turn it back on and see what I get!

Same here, not working since the last (2) updates

Reactions: BlairAir
Not sure what the radius is for Airsense but when it worked (and before I turned it off) I found it alerted incessantly. I get it. LA is a busy place but unless an aircraft is within 0.5 miles and getting closer, there's no point in telling me about it.
An airplane doing 180 mph covers a half mile in 10 seconds. At 120 mph it's 15 seconds.

I disabled airsense after the latest updates. It still alerted me to the presence of an aircraft (I could hear one). Seems the opposite of what other people are seeing...

edit - try turning it off in app and see if you get it working. Perhaps the code has been somewhat erroneously 180'd.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan