DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

All Good Here

Airsense is working again? Finally?

Yes, AirSense is working inflight again -- at least aircraft are plotted on the map. I haven't tested enough to get any traffic alerts yet. Will probably know the answer to that by the end of the week.

I do wish they'd add the option for distances in miles / altitude in feet...

Screenshot_20220531-142445.png Screenshot_20220601-085512.png

Reactions: Richard R
I'm reading comments other places, that they just lowered the amount of sats needed to get a lock.. Anyone on here confirm? I get that its faster.... but that's a crappy way of going about it... When I had a M3 it was 11-12 then lock (bounced a lot between that on locks). On my air2 it seems to lock on 8 consistently.

Yes I am aware # doesn't matter based on location. Just wondering if that's how they have "fixed" this by lowering amount of data they are getting down.

I'm reading comments other places, that they just lowered the amount of sats needed to get a lock.. Anyone on here confirm? I get that its faster.... but that's a crappy way of going about it... When I had a M3 it was 11-12 then lock (bounced a lot between that on locks). On my air2 it seems to lock on 8 consistently.

Yes I am aware # doesn't matter based on location. Just wondering if that's how they have "fixed" this by lowering amount of data they are getting down.
It was still 11-12 for me.

Reactions: VenomXts and oztx
I turned it on once after the update, it does seem to set a home point with 8 satellites (relevant icon remains orange though), instead of 12 with the previous firmware. But I still think that the "gps issue" is somehow related to region (among other things, such as signal health). I did not have any issues with the previous firmware, ttff was 30 to 60 seconds on an open space. Other pilots here in Greece have reported ttff that definitely was not as absurd as the 5 minutes or more that has been reported in other parts of the world.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d