Join Us Now

Air3 - RC2 Quick Transfer?

Squidinc

I come from a land “down under”
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
youtu.be
Could not understand why my Air3 coupled with DJI RC 2 controller would not work with the “QuickTransfer” function until……..Buried on page 71 of the Air3 manual in small print I was amazed to find:

The DJI RC 2 does not support QuickTransfer.

Come on DJI …..firmware update please to include the latest RC 2 controller with QuickTransfer!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: twickers14
Could not understand why my Air3 coupled with DJI RC 2 controller would not work with the “QuickTransfer” function until……..Buried on page 71 of the Air3 manual in small print I was amazed to find:

Come on DJI …..firmware update please to include the latest RC 2 controller with QuickTransfer!!!
I had the same problem initially and then realized all I really wanted to do was get my photos and videos downloaded. The quick transfer does not work with RC 2 so I had to turn off the RC2 leaving the aircraft on and every time I land, I hold my phone close to the drone, open the DJI Fly app making sure Bluetooth is on and the page displays the Quick Transfer and easily within a minute what I've selected is downloaded to my phone or tablet. I found it amazing.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Squidinc
I had the same problem initially and then realized all I really wanted to do was get my photos and videos downloaded. The quick transfer does not work with RC 2 so I had to turn off the RC2 leaving the aircraft on and every time I land, I hold my phone close to the drone, open the DJI Fly app making sure Bluetooth is on and the page displays the Quick Transfer and easily within a minute what I've selected is downloaded to my phone or tablet. I found it amazing.

Hope this helps.
Hi @KenG
For some reason I still can’t get the files to load. Only loads about 15-20% and thumbnails are greyed out.
IMG_1155.pngI’m using a iPhone 13 Pro device

This is because when you are connected to the drone with the RC2, you can easily go to the Album and download any of the videos from the drone into the controller. It downloads at about 12MB/s for me. Whereas Quick Transfer using my iPhone 13 Pro Max downloads at about 22MB/s, so it’s not as fast, but still works perfectly. No need for Quick Transfer as your remote is already connected to your drone.

Hi @KenG
For some reason I still can’t get the files to load. Only loads about 15-20% and thumbnails are greyed out.
View attachment 173417I’m using a iPhone 13 Pro device
Just turn off Data and it will work. So open control panel and click the Cellular Tower icon to turn off Cellular Data. Had this same issue, took me a while to figure it out. DJI hasn’t fixed it yet.

Hi @KenG
View attachment 173417I’m using a iPhone 13 Pro device
I just saw David's response so if you want to get them on the controller, I think you can follow his suggestions. However, I was trying to get the files on my computer and having a Mac and then already having wrestled with the Android file transfer download and lost is when I found how quick and easy the Quick Transfer from drone to phone or tablet was. I did find out I had to turn off the controller because it seemed to want to interfere with the process.

Incomplete download and greyed out thumbnails are what I first experience too. However, I had been shooting for a number of days and was trying to Quick transfer about 15 to 20 files and I got the same result as you my first time and even some were corrupted and I had a mess.

I started again and tried just two or three at a time and everything began to click. Also on that same page 71 of the manual it talks about download rates and I don't know if that affects you in Australia. Might want to look at that page again.

Be sure you have the the most current DJI Fly app on your phone and you have the bluetooth turned on.I keep forgetting to do that as I don't use bluetooth on my old 10X iPhone typically.

Once I finally got all of the files off my phone from the first 15 to 20 files I was trying to get, I started doing the following and it usually takes less than one minute. Each time I land, I take whatever I shot by first turning off the controller, allowing to aircraft to remain on. I turn on the bluetooth on the phone, open DJI FLY app and hold it within 1 meter of the drone (I usually bend down and hold it within half a meter). As soon as the app comes on it shows tab (blank background with white lettering) saying quick transfer. Tap that.Then it shows a tab showing my drone. Tap that. It then wants to know if I want to join the network existing between the drone and phone. Tap that. It will take a few seconds to do its thing and they show the files. I tap on the check mark in the upper right corner of the screen and it says, "batch select". There I tap whatever files I have shot from the flight and then tap the download button in the lower right corner of the screen on the phone. You'll see the progress bar as the file(s) download. I don't know if you get the download is not stable message like I do but I've ignored it and don't see anything out of whack once I review the end result on the computer. The final message I get is very quick and if you're not looking, you could miss it but it says files successfully downloaded to mobile device. As soon as it syncs with the cloud, the files are available on my tablet and computer.

Sorry for the long post but that is what I have experienced. Hope this helps.

Ken

Reactions: Squidinc
Hi @KenG
View attachment 173417A

I just saw David's response so if you want to get them on the controller, I think you can follow his suggestions. However, I was trying to get the files on my computer and having a Mac and then already having wrestled with the Android file transfer download and lost is when I found how quick and easy the Quick Transfer from drone to phone or tablet was. I did find out I had to turn off the controller because it seemed to want to interfere with the process.

Incomplete download and greyed out thumbnails are what I first experience too. However, I had been shooting for a number of days and was trying to Quick transfer about 15 to 20 files and I got the same result as you my first time and even some were corrupted and I had a mess.

I started again and tried just two or three at a time and everything began to click. Also on that same page 71 of the manual it talks about download rates and I don't know if that affects you in Australia. Might want to look at that page again.

Be sure you have the the most current DJI Fly app on your phone and you have the bluetooth turned on.I keep forgetting to do that as I don't use bluetooth on my old 10X iPhone typically.

Once I finally got all of the files off my phone from the first 15 to 20 files I was trying to get, I started doing the following and it usually takes less than one minute. Each time I land, I take whatever I shot by first turning off the controller, allowing to aircraft to remain on. I turn on the bluetooth on the phone, open DJI FLY app and hold it within 1 meter of the drone (I usually bend down and hold it within half a meter). As soon as the app comes on it shows tab (blank background with white lettering) saying quick transfer. Tap that.Then it shows a tab showing my drone. Tap that. It then wants to know if I want to join the network existing between the drone and phone. Tap that. It will take a few seconds to do its thing and they show the files. I tap on the check mark in the upper right corner of the screen and it says, "batch select". There I tap whatever files I have shot from the flight and then tap the download button in the lower right corner of the screen on the phone. You'll see the progress bar as the file(s) download. I don't know if you get the download is not stable message like I do but I've ignored it and don't see anything out of whack once I review the end result on the computer. The final message I get is very quick and if you're not looking, you could miss it but it says files successfully downloaded to mobile device. As soon as it syncs with the cloud, the files are available on my tablet and computer.

Ken
Thanks @Ken

Ken
Thanks @KenG for such a detailed response. Have followed the steps (I think?) and finally got it to work! I’ll keep your advice handy for the future. Thanks so much 👍🏻

Just turn off Data and it will work. So open control panel and click the Cellular Tower icon to turn off Cellular Data. Had this same issue, took me a while to figure it out. DJI hasn’t fixed it yet.
I am aware of the need to disable Cellular Data on the iPhone. And I normally do that through Settings. Thanks for the tip to use the Control Center icon instead.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas