DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Airspace and general manners/courtesy

thekaijin

Reactions
MP arrived today and I've been flying it all day - awesome drone. I took it up to 150 feet this evening (9:05 mtd) and heard someone say from another backyard "I can see you".

I was directly over my backyard - flew the bird completely vertical and I checked flight logs which confirmed that. That said - I know when a drone is high up it appears to be over different places than it actually is.

I think there is a learning curve about flying near other people's property... any thoughts or tips? Is it rude to fly at night even if I am that high? Any other thoughts about private property? Like for example if I'm at 250 altitude is it ok to fly over residential?

Thanks in advance

I had a neighbor get mad at me. I asked her to view what the camera was seeing. Then I showed her google maps and her back yard. Now she's cool. People fear what they don't understand and most believe you can zoom the camera into windows or spot someone growing pot lol. Oh and try to stay up at 200+ feet so people don't think your spying.

I had a neighbor get mad at me. I asked her to view what the camera was seeing. Then I showed her google maps and her back yard. Now she's cool. People fear what they don't understand and most believe you can zoom the camera into windows or spot someone growing pot lol. Oh and try to stay up at 200+ feet so people don't think your spying.

Thanks appreciate it - maybe I'll stop by their house tomorrow

Reactions: Lifted Chevy

I agree there is nothing better than show to the people that is complaining what we can actually see and how we fly.
Also I think it would be great either if you speak to them or leave them a note with your details telling them that if they have any concerns or issues to please contact you .

Show good will , that helps a lot .

Reactions: Lifted Chevy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78