DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Airspace warning - why?

KeviP

Reactions
This weekend I did a flight about 1.5 km away from the edge of the Fly Safe warning zone for a local aerodrome, but still got a Class D airspace warning.
The Fly Safe zone is the usual flight path area.

Counties can impose their own airspace regulations here in Switzerland, and locally we have a 5km radius authorisation zone around aerodromes, but it does not show in Fly Safe.
(I know, I was inside the zone, but just 1 short demo flight, low altitude, and nowhere near the flight path...)

The question is, why did I get a warning outside the Fly Safe zone? Could the aerodrome transmit a local one?

This weekend I did a flight about 1.5 km away from the edge of the Fly Safe warning zone for a local aerodrome, but still got a Class D airspace warning.
The Fly Safe zone is the usual flight path area.

Counties can impose their own airspace regulations here in Switzerland, and locally we have a 5km radius authorisation zone around aerodromes, but it does not show in Fly Safe.
(I know, I was inside the zone, but just 1 short demo flight, low altitude, and nowhere near the flight path...)

The question is, why did I get a warning outside the Fly Safe zone? Could the aerodrome transmit a local one?

You can share the flight location or post a log file and maybe someone can help explain.

But aerodromes can't transmit warnings to DJI drones while they are in flight.

Here is an extract from the Airdata log, and a plan of the area, taken from Fly Safe, which is about 20 miles NE of Geneva.
The warning location is about 1.6Km (1 mile) from the edge of the warning zone.
As I mentioned, I discovered that there is a locally imposed 5km authorisation zone around the aerodrome.

Attachments

• Log.jpg
    Log.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Site.jpg
    Site.jpg
    405 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: dawgpilot
Here is an extract from the Airdata log, and a plan of the area, taken from Fly Safe, which is about 20 miles NE of Geneva.
The warning location is about 1.6Km (1 mile) from the edge of the warning zone.
As I mentioned, I discovered that there is a locally imposed 5km authorisation zone around the aerodrome.

Seems like it's probably a glitch then. If it continues to happen, you could email DJI

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys