DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Alaska Perfect Yes

I'm curious where you launched from. Even from Long Rifle Lodge it's 2.5mile to much of the glacier - if I recall. I have not been to the glacier with my drone (I'm from Fairbanks) but am visiting family in Anchorage shortly and might take a day trip if it's feasible. I have an fpv with a M3 on the way. Nice video...very well done.
Hello akdrone, The biggest wayside on the south side of the climb toward Longrifle is a great launch point and that's what we used. Thank you for the comments. Enjoy your trip and happy flying. We are waiting for it to warm up a bit. -22ºF is just a bit uncomfortable.

Thanks. By south you mean toward Anchorage, eh? It's been long enough that I'm not sure which is which. -20F here today (Fairbanks). We're going out flying tomorrow. We'll see how the FPV and Mavic 2s batteries do at -20F :).

Thanks. By south you mean toward Anchorage, eh? It's been long enough that I'm not sure which is which. -20F here today (Fairbanks). We're going out flying tomorrow. We'll see how the FPV and Mavic 2s batteries do at -20F :).
Yes, coming from Anchorage it will be on your right after you cross the Caribou Creek Bridge. We find the Air 2 S Batteries do take a hit at -20 but they hold up better than our fingers. LoL

Thanks. -26F at the moment. Heading out to shoot some spruce trees that are encased in snow/ice. This is my first time shooting in these temps with a drone. Looking forward to a series of 3minute flights LOL.

Thanks. -26F at the moment. Heading out to shoot some spruce trees that are encased in snow/ice. This is my first time shooting in these temps with a drone. Looking forward to a series of 3minute flights LOL.
Black Spruce or even Birch covered in Hoars Frost can be most beautiful. Good Luck and I bet you'll do longer than3 min flights. Please post your results here so I we may appreciate them. Thanks.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zacf