DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Alaska Perfect Yes

Thanks for posting in the Forum its amazing and elegant work and Alaska is a Dream for many of us to drone.

The shots of those glaciers are just amazing like being on a different planet and you really shot them close enough that you get a good feel of them.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2S in the Rain an Land on the Water and fly in Alaska. lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Hunter_k
It really feels like you're there, beautiful footage, what settings did you use ?
The Sunlight was so white hot (although ambient was 25.5°F), most of the footage was taken at ISO 200 the latter part was on Auto. The Air 2S has a really great camera and solid platform to get the difficult shots.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Alaska is very beautiful! Lots to see. Check out YouTube for Jake Sloan - he lives up there and is an avid droner

Reactions: dank4ak
Matanuska Glacier from Caribou Creek, Alaska

PhantomRain Wet Suit and Rescue Jacket prepared.
Fabulous flying and scenery!!!Smooth as butter and nice sound track selection too. The glacier is massive and awesome and you have captured it perfectly.

Dale
Miami

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Very nice!

This is amazing footage , i was glued to the monitor in awe , you must have felt invicible with the rain suit and the resuce jacket, i no i do. :) Is this your back yard ?

Reactions: dank4ak
This is amazing footage , i was glued to the monitor in awe , you must have felt invicible with the rain suit and the resuce jacket, i no i do. :) Is this your back yard ?
Thank you so glad you enjoyed the video, About an hour from our front door by car. We plan more. It is actually hard to choose. We have so many options and places.

Its a back yard wonderland, very beautiful , what kind of storms do you get in those areas?

Its a back yard wonderland, very beautiful , what kind of storms do you get in those areas?
In the Winter, hurricane-force winds are a big concern (not drone flying weather ;) Heavy snow measured in feet can also happen. Summers are mild by comparison and ideal for flying if you get your skills refined well enough.

Matanuska Glacier from Caribou Creek, Alaska

PhantomRain Wet Suit and Rescue Jacket prepared.
I'm curious where you launched from. Even from Long Rifle Lodge it's 2.5mile to much of the glacier - if I recall. I have not been to the glacier with my drone (I'm from Fairbanks) but am visiting family in Anchorage shortly and might take a day trip if it's feasible. I have an fpv with a M3 on the way. Nice video...very well done.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78