DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Alaskan with 2 Minis Here.......

Meanderthal

Reactions
And I wanted to thank this community for providing some useful information.

About me:
I hunt, fish, hike, camp, ride motorcycles etc. and I've recently acquired and interest in documenting those activities with photography and videography. At some point a few months ago I realized that there are some fairly capable drones that are also affordable and decided to get a Mavic Mini (Fly More Combo + Go Professional hard case) to test the water. So far most of my footage sucks (which is my fault) but I've found the experience to be fun and worthwhile anyway. Most of my flights have been in below freezing temps and in places where I'd have zero chance of recovery if I crashed. I've flown out to around 2 miles in good conditions but also flown when conditions were less than ideal. I took the Mini to Maui for a couple of weeks before the Covid madness set in. Flight locations are severely limited there but my props tasted enough tropical air for me to realize the potential for the Mini to be a great travel companion. Then recently I saw a local Craigslist posting for a lightly used Fly More kit at a good price and I snatched it up so I'd have two. I do find that the wind is a big limiting factor for the Mini and odds are good that I'll upgrade to a more capable unit someday. This summer and Fall could be pivotal in that regard.

So thanks to all that contribute positively here. I happened upon this place because I was researching tablet options for use with the Fly app and purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab A model SM-T290 based on comments found here. It was only $129 at my local Best Buy store and although the specs aren't impressive it has worked great for it's intended purpose.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

About me:
I hunt, fish, hike, camp, ride motorcycles etc. and I've recently acquired and interest in documenting those activities with photography and videography. At some point a few months ago I realized that there are some fairly capable drones that are also affordable and decided to get a Mavic Mini (Fly More Combo + Go Professional hard case) to test the water. So far most of my footage sucks (which is my fault) but I've found the experience to be fun and worthwhile anyway. Most of my flights have been in below freezing temps and in places where I'd have zero chance of recovery if I crashed. I've flown out to around 2 miles in good conditions but also flown when conditions were less than ideal. I took the Mini to Maui for a couple of weeks before the Covid madness set in. Flight locations are severely limited there but my props tasted enough tropical air for me to realize the potential for the Mini to be a great travel companion. Then recently I saw a local Craigslist posting for a lightly used Fly More kit at a good price and I snatched it up so I'd have two. I do find that the wind is a big limiting factor for the Mini and odds are good that I'll upgrade to a more capable unit someday. This summer and Fall could be pivotal in that regard.

So thanks to all that contribute positively here. I happened upon this place because I was researching tablet options for use with the Fly app and purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab A model SM-T290 based on comments found here. It was only $129 at my local Best Buy store and although the specs aren't impressive it has worked great for it's intended purpose.
Kamloops BC Canada welcomes you. Like you I can't wait for warmer weather and taking my mini on motorcycle day trips, no tailgating and keeping the proper social distancing between bikes....

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum. I also fly a Mavic Mini and have enjoyed many flights. You have some beautiful landscape to film. You will find helpful suggestions and support in the forums. We look forward to your view of the world.

About me:

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new Mavic Mini's, Fly safe and have fun!

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S