DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Albany / Capital District / Upstate New York

Knight Hawk

Reactions
Looking to meet up and fly. I'm in Albany, New York currently learning to fly in Washinton Park. I am looking to fly on the weekend and some days after 6 PM. Can travel to other location in the Capital District / Upstate New York. Hit me up and fly safe.

Looking to meet up and fly. I'm in Albany, New York currently learning to fly in Washinton Park. I am looking to fly on the weekend and some days after 6 PM. Can travel to other location in the Capital District / Upstate New York. Hit me up and fly

I'm in Latham NY right next door lol and I didn't know we could fly in Washington Park I thought Albany was off-limits

You can fly in Albany, I to walked up to an Officer (in the park) and ask about the event they were having last night and if it was ok to fly. He ask how loud it was and when I told him he said it should be ok and thank me for asking. I was in the part of the park where dogs are allowed to run free. It was also the first time I hit 350 feet and kept it there so I would not trouble or troll anyone. Some people looked but no-one asked me what I was doing or asked me to stop. It was very nice.

Reactions: Slayerstwin
That's GREAT and good to know. Was thinking of taking a day trip into the Adirondacks sometime and get some pictures from there. Still working on my photography skills

Reactions: GGehret
I usually fly in Kinderhook and sometimes in my backyard but I'm so close to the airport I have to call the tower first.

I've been waiting for someone around this area to start posting because it seems like nobody in this city flies drones lol

aa485b6be8b039384d01985c83c5fbe4.jpg

Reactions: GGehret
No I have not yet, still learning how to fly. I spend about a hour in Washington Park flying around and talking to one security guard who is watching booths at the park (Tulip Festival Saturday and Sunday) and I was answering all of his questions about the drone. He has one for about a year and never flown it yet. Seeing me fly my drone gave him the heart to fly his. I told him I will be at the park next Saturday and Sunday and that he was more than welcome to join me. It's raining this weekend so I hope to see him next week.

Reactions: Slayerstwin
I also made a video trying to practice the cinematography but it was through Sky pixel and it won't let me post it

I see pictures and videos that people post using the Mavic and they look like they're straight out of a Hollywood movie. But they probably spend hours in post trying to make it look that good lol. Everything I post is straight from the Mavic I don't use editing software I try but it never works right. I do use those filters all the time but not when I do night shots

I would like too, I having a hard time understanding when to use them and if I do what ISO and shutter speed the camera should be set at.

I watch videos about camera settings all the time that's how I am learning anyway and then I try to apply them flying the drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000