DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Albany / Capital District / Upstate New York

Hello Frank, I'm flying this Sunday in the park, morning, noon and early evening (all between battery changing).
Sorry Knight Hawk I am unfamiliar with these templats and replied to you in the wrong place. I was unable to come into Albany to meet for a flight my weekend ended up being jam packed. Hope to meet another time.

And you can fly in Cohoes by the falls and one other parks
I was thinking of doing the Cohoes thing someday soon. It would be neat to do the falls. A bit further up the river there is a lot of eagle activity and my still photographer friends get some great images. I would be afraid to get a drone near them as they attack it.

Can you fly in goat island or three sisters island? How about all the other adjacent parks which are just outside the range of the 5 mile radius from the Niagara falls airport???

I read on phantom forum that it's probably not allowed. Lots of aircraft and helicopters flying there. Just a bad idea in that area.....unless you get permission somehow..... Just wondering about state parks outside the 5mile radius?

aa485b6be8b039384d01985c83c5fbe4.jpg
Is this view near the Kinderhook area?

I was thinking of doing the Cohoes thing someday soon. It would be neat to do the falls. A bit further up the river there is a lot of eagle activity and my still photographer friends get some great images. I would be afraid to get a drone near them as they attack it.

You should it's very good for pictures and many fly from there. There is an older gentleman that looks over the park during the day and he's very cool about drones good guy

It's not my photo, someone posted it and I love it. Whoever did it is a bad ***.
Sorry for the late reply. It's my photo! And I appreciate the kind words. I'm definitely not the first to do these kinds of poses but I find them hilarious and very fun! This photo was originally posted to my Instagram account @baddroneproductions

Thanks again for the share!

Somehow my original text was lost so here ago. When is it touch base and see how everybody was doing. I would like to share some best practices and a great locations to fly. I haven't been flying for a couple weeks but I'm back at it. Batteries are fully charged, DJI software is updated, that make this checks on the Mavic pro, and I'm ready to fly.

Hi,

I'm in Wilton, NY (exit 16 on 87). I've been flying for about two years. I fly from Saratoga up to the high peaks of the Adirondacks. Because I have hills and the hudson river right next to me I do a lot of mountain flying (easy to fly with no houses or buildings to be careful about). The attachment is from today's flight at Bonita Lake on the top of Mount McGregor in Wilton. The river is the hudson on the back side of the mountain. As long as it's not wet or too cold I'm happy to fly.

Randall
[email protected]

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_3228.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_3228.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 20
Reactions: Slayerstwin
It was sunny today so I went up the mountain again. Here's the Hudson River as seen from the top of Mount McGregor

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_3267.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_3267.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
Reactions: Slayerstwin
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member