DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aliens shooting at our drones or something else

I really respect your knowledge and methodical approach, but as an active photographer and filmmaker since the 60s, it sure looks like lens flare to me.
If you are talking about the video in post #1, there is flare in the upper left of the frame but the thing below that and circled in red is a physical object, close to the lens and out of focus and moving past the camera.

Sar104,

I really respect your knowledge and methodical approach, but as an active photographer and filmmaker since the 60s, it sure looks like lens flare to me. Shooting close to directly into a bright light, such as the sun here, will nearly always create a flare whose shape is determined by the specific lens being used, it’s f-stop, and the type of anti flare coating being used, and any dirt or grease on the lens. The entire reason for applying expensive anti glare coatings to lenses is to get rid of these artifacts. The lens on my P4 adv is really well made, but it still flares sometimes.

I wouldn't rule out lens flare, but it looks to me more like light scattered from a physical object.

This is my opinion only.
If anybody actually believes in little green men {Aliens} from another planet - one has to consider that they are an advanced civilization.
After all they can fly all over the universe - and even visit Planet Earth.
If they were that advanced, and shooting at your drone........ they wouldn't miss.
The truth is out there. !!!

I could not even see anything? Laughing Since some like these intermittent things, we witnessed a few in attack mode n moving at unbelievable speeds fast n slow while deployed in Afghanistan. I wouldn't have believed it either, yet with NVGs n Thermals enhanced our ability to witness such unknowns. Our country's govts have known since the early 1900s. Ask any Congressional or Senate members if their even honorable. I personally have mixed opinions about them or what factors I believe. Yet, they're as real as the planes over our heads. Anyhow,,,

These videos keep surfacing, with assertions of supersonic projectiles, aliens, parallel universes or whatever. Reality is mundane.

I love that quote: Reality is mundane! I use it all the time when talking with my conspiracy inclined friends. LOL

Reactions: sar104
Just wanted to see your thoughts

Well...I suppose my thoughts are as they are for all videos of this kind and fall in line with those of Neil DeGrasse Tyson: It's interesting to me the ease with which people can make the leap across the HUGE chasm between the curious but unexplained all the way to an answer that rests upon the supernatural or alien. "It was a U.F.O. thus it was likely alien.....all while entirely forgetting the operative word is in the term itself....UNIDENTIFIED. It reveals people's discomfort with the notion of not knowing and their distaste for the work involved in finding out.

That said, I defer to others who appear to be more expert than me who suggest the explanation is rather banal, involving a photographic anomaly involving small objects closer to the camera than our first impression or initial perception suggests.

Reactions: Meta4 and sar104
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS