DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aligator vs. Drone

These posts do not impress me, an internet influencer, had her drone eaten by an Alligator and right after the battery explodes in the Alligator, probably leading to a slow agonizing death. I hope she goes to jail and the FAA Fines the wazoo out of her.

Good morning to all-
I like to get photos and videos of wildlife from my drome- when possible, but I do so with full recognition that different animals will probably react in different ways to the presence of drone.
I have a great deal of experience with alligators- there are lots of them very close to my home, and when I paddle my kayak, I often share the water with gators of various size.
Anyone with the sense that God gave a goose would know that anything moving comes close to a gator, that gator will eat it and it will eat it very quickly. To be honest, I doubt the battery exploding will kill the gator- they're tough critters- but I do agree- that drone "pilot" should be charged and should be banned from drone flying.

If you don't have sense enough to not approach a gator too closely either in person or flying a drone- there's no telling what sort of stupid behavior that person is capable of.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed

All discussed previously on several threads almost a year ago.

• Haha
Reactions: Bob in Savannah