DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

All Black Mavic Pro (pics)

Apparently they have 14 colors in the pipeline.

It won't be long now...

HQKbAga.jpg

Thanks! I found the stick guards on eBay (theres a ton on there just try searching) and i think I paid around $6.

The case is from sams club and is an absolute bargain at $19.

Member's Mark 16" Safety Protective Box - Sam's Club
I also have the case from Sam's Club, I am blown away by the $20 cost and it so far appears to be a great case with room for everything. For those times when a camera bag just isn't enough.

I bought this matte black wrap decal from a new Japanese company - DJI Mavic pro用 ドローン ラッピング・スキンシール DRONEWRAP.SHOP

I really wanted that 'stealthy' look. Installation wasn't that difficult (although patience is needed) and unlike other wrap offerings Ive seen, this one has a lot more coverage on the edges. I'm very impressed with the quality.

I was fortunate to get hold of one before they actually sell in the US, but they've told me they're launching an English website soon.

IMG_9519.jpg
IMG_9520.jpg
IMG_9522.jpg
IMG_9524.jpg
IMG_9530.jpg
Is that the stealth black color? I want the same color you got ASAP! It looks amazing!!

Reactions: kykayak and NYCMAV
Neat! Awesome in black, looks like an original finishing, well done!

Reactions: NYCMAV
The wrap doesn't interfere with the heatsink or vents at all. I don't foresee any problems.

The heatsink on the bottom is just one of several thermal surfaces on the Mavic. You also have to remember that internal heat rises and also needs to escape through the surface of the body as well. Because heat rises the bottom heatsink is only part of the thermal management solution. A wrap will without a doubt insulate to some degree, however I wold confirm with DJI if they will honor the warranty if the mavic fails for heat related issues and it has a wrap, especially a black wrap.

Looks Great, and it is good to know that future blemishes on my Mavic, that are bound to happen with age to the original plastic, can be made to disappear so nicely. Knowing this, maybe I can stop being so overly protective.

The heatsink on the bottom is just one of several thermal surfaces on the Mavic. You also have to remember that internal heat rises and also needs to escape through the surface of the body as well. Because heat rises the bottom heatsink is only part of the thermal management solution. A wrap will without a doubt insulate to some degree, however I wold confirm with DJI if they will honor the warranty if the mavic fails for heat related issues and it has a wrap, especially a black wrap.

True, but I'm not concerned. In the unlikely event that I have to send it back to DJI for a heat related issue, ill remove the wrap.

Looks Great, and it is good to know that future blemishes on my Mavic, that are bound to happen with age to the original plastic, can be made to disappear so nicely. Knowing this, maybe I can stop being so overly protective.

Indeed! This wrap actually covers a nasty little scrape on the front of my mavic from an earlier mishap. It was good to get the crash out of the way - I don't baby it so much now!

Reactions: kykayak
True, but I'm not concerned. In the unlikely event that I have to send it back to DJI for a heat related issue, ill remove the wrap.
Electronic death by heat is rarely immediate it can be days, months or longer however anytime you increase the internal temperature of ANY electronic components you are shortening the life, again sometime quick sometimes a slow death like a cancer.

Heat related failures can happen in flight, it may be very irresponsible to not qualify the thermal management of your aircraft in the event of a heat related event while flying over people or property,

Considering the compact size of the Mavic and how hot that lower heat sink gets I suspect this could be a real issue depending on the ambient condition you are flying in,

Electronic death by heat is rarely immediate it can be days, months or longer however anytime you increase the internal temperature of ANY electronic components you are shortening the life, again sometime quick sometimes a slow death like a cancer.

Heat related failures can happen in flight, it may be very irresponsible to not qualify the thermal management of your aircraft in the event of a heat related event while flying over people or property,

Considering the compact size of the Mavic and how hot that lower heat sink gets I suspect this could be a real issue depending on the ambient condition you are flying in,

I really think we're looking for problems that don't exist - I highly doubt a sticker (with a thickness measured in microns) is going to cause some kind of catastrophic over heating. Just my opinion of course!

No matter how you slice it is a insulator and a thermal barrier, you may be correct that the impact is minimal or a non issue however the Mavic is a compact Hot machine. My point is to consult with DJI before installing skins and make sure they are not concerned regarding the heatsinking or limiting of.

Reactions: Achilles
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13